From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Drunk Elephant "TLC Glycolic serum" vs. Sunday Riley "good genes" vs. Farmacy "honeymoon glow"

hi there!! so I recently purchased the Drunk Elephant TLC Glycolic night serum. After the first couple days, I was super impressed. But now it has been a week and I feel like nothing is really getting better. I've been doing some research on products similar to it and I came across Sunday Riley "Good Genes" and Farmacy's "Honeymoon Glow night serum". Should I switch to one of these chemical exfoliants or stick with my DE? What has been your personal experiences? I really want to know where I should put my money since all three products seem to work really well for a lot of people but I don't know what exactly I should do. Thank ya!!! 

Re: Drunk Elephant "TLC Glycolic serum" vs. Sunday Riley "good genes" vs. Farmacy "honeymoon glow"

@bellzjinglez21 There are different acids in SR GG vs. DE TLC. I personally prefer Good Genes because it contains Lactic Acid, the only acid known to have moisturizing properties (also why GG is a milky texture) - and this is coming from a huge Drunk Elephant fan. 

Re: Drunk Elephant "TLC Glycolic serum" vs. Sunday Riley "good genes" vs. Farmacy "honeymoon glow"

@bellzjinglez21 I think it all depends on what results you're expecting and your skin type. I found much better results when DE than with SR, but it seems my skin likes glycolic acid more than lactic. I also like that it has BHA because I suffer from acne and larger pores. I think any of these products are going to help you initially with pore appearance and dullness, but you'll need to invest more time to see pigmentation lightening or fine line reduction.

The Honeymoon Glow seems to have a slightly higher percentage of acids than the DE, so you may find it more effective for what you want, but at the same time, there is more lactic acid than glycolic in it, so it might not be strong enough. 

I would say if you have already invested the money, keep using the DE, but maybe pick up samples of the other products and use them on half of your face and DE on the other to see if you see differences. From looking at the ingredients, I think DE and Farmacy are the most similar and will probably give you the best results long term.

I agree - my skin prefers the DE over Sunday Riley ( I’ve used an entire bottle of both and I went back to DE). That said it took 3-4 weeks for me to see real lasting results 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing