Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Does anyone have a preferred spot treatment for acne?

I would prefer something not too drying. Thanks!

Re: Does anyone have a preferred spot treatment for acne?

I use the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout concealer in the morning and Kate Somerville Eradikate at night, which seems to work for me. 

I love the PEACE OUT - Acne Healing Dots! they work so well to reduce the size and duration of my pimples. If I have a white head I can apply the dot before going to bed and when I wake up the white head is gone and the pimple is almost cleared. I wish they were available in Canada, I would use them all the time! 😄

@imkobie I like Origins Super Spot Remover™ Acne Treatment Gel with Salicylic Acid 0.3 oz/ 10 mL and Murad Rapid Relief Acne Spot Treatment 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

Something I’ll be trying soon is this:

2CD8F99F-1D4A-4A53-859D-08C8ECFB9AED.jpeg

These are round discs you put on your pimples and apparently (and I know this sounds gross, but whatever) they suck the pus right out of your pimple. (You can google for “after” photos. I figured I would spare you guys 😂) This removes the need to squeeze and possibly prolong a pimple by irritating the skin. 

I can’t wait to try them as an overnight treatment! My skin has a hard time in the winter with my two favourite spot treatments above. Because it’s sensitive and prone to rosacea, it can become very irritated quite suddenly if it gets too dried out. If I can use the 3M treatment throughout the winter instead of just salicylic acid treatments, I’ll be so happy! 😃

Edit: I’m tagging you @bakeamuffin because this is something available in Canada and may be very similar to the dots you mentioned 😊

Thank you @PinkEvergreen!! I’m going to look for these 😄

RE: Does anyone have a preferred spot treatment for acne?

Origins super spot remover, Origins out of trouble mask, or Kate somerville eradikate

@imkobie,

I recommend the Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Acne Treatment. It works so well at clearing up acne and I also find that it is not overly drying.

https://www.sephora.com/product/eradikate-acne-treatment-P232903?icid2=products%20grid:p232903:produ...

❤️ Melissa

Sunday Riley- Saturn Mask.

I use it as a spot treatment overnight. It does have a bit of a sulfur smell, but I'm used to it. I like to use it over bumps that just start to form, I find that it's small or practically gone in the morning. It doesn't seem to be drying, at least for me. 

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

@imkobie Clean & Clear Persa-gel 🙂

@imkobie I like Origins Spot Treatment. 

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos1
  • 2CD8F99F-1D4A-4A53-859D-08C8ECFB9AED.jpeg
testing