From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Does anyone else have a hard time figuring out what ingredient is making them break out?

I don’t know if it’s just me but there’s been several times in my life an ingredient in a product has caused me to break out and I, for the life of me, couldn’t figure out which ingredient was responsible. It was insanely hard to figure it out myself and I’ve heard my friends complain about this as well.

I’m a Master’s student at UC Berkeley and I’ve gathered a team of developers and designers to build a tool to make it easier for people like you and me to track which products work and don’t work with our own unique skin types by finally being able to isolate the ingredient that causes us to break out.

BUT, I don’t know if I’m the only one or if other people have had this same issue of not knowing what ingredient in a cosmetic product was causing you to break out. I’m trying to figure out if this is a real problem. I know you guys must be really busy but if you take just 3 minutes to answer this survey. It would go a long way in terms of being able to motivate our team that this is a real problem.

Survey link:
We're still in the preliminary stages of research but if you're interested in the project, want to learn more or would like us to let you know once we have finished building out the app - you can also leave your email in the survey or feel free to PM me!
Conversation Stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 1 Contributors
testing