From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Dark spots and dry skin after using Dr Dennis Gross extra strength pads #drdennisgross

C1E2773D-229A-4347-A545-3B7AEB357B63.jpeg

DB2DE7BD-FA2E-4979-9409-1EDBF468CB99.jpeg

Hey everyone,

I have started using the Dr. Dennis Gross Extra Strength Peel pads this week. I’ve only been using them for 3 days. I have already discovered that I have incredibly dry skin on the areas which I applied the pads and dark spots that were not there before. They look like two streaks of brown in person, one on each cheek. It did seem to start helping my skin until I noticed these results. I will be returning these for the regular pads but I’m not sure if I should be continuing with this sort of product. I think I have chemical burns on my cheeks. What can I do about the dark spots in the meantime?

Re: Dark spots and dry skin after using Dr Dennis Gross extra strength pads #drdennisgross

Have you used chemical exfoliants before, @biancauta? What other products are in your routine? Using these types of products can be tricky to balance out usage and moisture so you don't accidentally overexfoliate. Personally, I love the regular DDG pads, but I can't use them more than twice a week. 

Re: Dark spots and dry skin after using Dr Dennis Gross extra strength pads #drdennisgross

I have used chemical exfoliants, but not for a long time.

Thanks for your reply! My routine has been very simple, cleanse, moisturize, sunscreen. I have not been using any retinol. I have some salicylic acid in my cleanser but that is all I am using for my acne. Everything else is just focused on moisturizing.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos2
  • C1E2773D-229A-4347-A545-3B7AEB357B63.jpeg
  • DB2DE7BD-FA2E-4979-9409-1EDBF468CB99.jpeg
testing