Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

DRY ACNE!

Help! I experience pretty bad breakouts. I use a few creams and treatments that work, but dry out my skin like crazy! I use so many moisturizers to try to counter this, but when I try to cover up my blemishes, its a disaster. The product clings to the dryness and ends up as a cakey mess! I’ve used exfoliators too, but every one I’ve used caused me to break out. Any tips would be great!! Thanks!!

Re: DRY ACNE!

I've been using boscia's clear complexion line and it works amazing! it's super gentle but my skin has never been clearer. highly recommend 🙂 

Hey!

I have super sensitive / acne-prone skin and I can understand the struggle. I have dermatologist prescribed acne cream that dries my skin out like crazy. But my acne only gets worse when I have dry skin because it starts producing insane amounts of oil. 

I have found that piling on moisturizers is not necessarily the best solution (for myself). My skin has improved so much since I started using a "toner" and facial oils. I put toner in quotes because I used balancing sprays rather than something like micellar water. I would heavily recommend either the  EVIAN - Brumisateur® Natural Mineral Water Facial Spray or the CAUDALIE - Grape Water (the grape water is a better value). Both products help so much with hydration without layering another cream or product onto my already sensitive skin. (Do the spray after cleansing, before any creams or oils). 

Speaking of oils, use them. They also provide another layer of hydration / moisturization that neither a cream nor a mist can provide. The Herbivore Lapis Blue Tansy Face Oil - For Oily & Acne-Prone Skin 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is amazing for rebalancing skin. I would wholeheartedly recommend this product. There are also some oils you can use that will simultaneously combat acne such as Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Acne Treatment Face Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL but I am not sure what kind of acne products you use and how the salicylic acid in this oil would react. The first oil is a safer choice and it has no artificial colors, scents, or chemical preservatives.

HOPE THIS HELPS!!!!

Also, my reply was totally skincare based. You mentioned that you cover-up blemishes, I assume you mean makeup when you say that. If you choose to wear makeup during the day, I would use the oil at night. The spray would still be great under makeup after you wash your face in the morning! 

(I would look into how your acne cream reacts with makeup though?) I am assuming you put the cream on after you moisturize and before you apply your base makeup, however, using so many different products on one's face can also just irritate the skin and cause breakouts / dryness. 

Experiment around, try the acne cream without makeup for a day or two and see how your skin reacts. 🙂 Or try it the other way around and avoid using your acne cream for a couple days to see how your skin changes. Sometimes just allowing the skin to recuperate for a couple days on its own is also very helpful, products won't always solve everything. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing