Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Cystic Acne

Does anyone else suffer from these obnoxious bumps on their face or body?? If so PLEASE HELP nothing from the dermatologist seems to work 

Cystic Acne

my dermatologist put me on Spironolactone, which is a water peel, and it worked for me. For otc products I would recommend Dr. Dennis Gross Extra Strength Daily Peel, the results are amazing!

RE: Cystic Acne

Hey! Any of the above suggestions work ?

Cystic Acne

Hi there @tmo21 I have had cystic acne for years now. I can swear by Ole Henriksen's find your balance oil control cleanser as face wash, make sure you use a toner, Mario Badescu's buffering lotion (on problem areas) and the pink solution called drying lotion (on bumps overnight). Hope this helps!😍

Re: Cystic Acne

@tmo21 What have you tried from the dermatologist? How long did you continuously use before stopping? If you aren't consistent nor using for 3 months+, you won't start seeing results. It takes time.

If bacterial acne, a few months of antibiotics and topicals, spironolactone for hormonal, BCP etc. Full hormonal blood test, ask for, to see if acne is caused by something else. Sulfur wash, Aczone, retinol/retinoids, Epiduo, BP wash..tons of rx options available.

Accutane is the very last resort, causes birth defects and stays in the system for a long time afterwards.

It's not usual to see a few dermatologists to find the one for *you*. Remember to ask every question possible and bring in a list of all products used, even otc and supplements.

Could be diet related, patch test would be necessary.

Re: Cystic Acne

@tmo21 ,

If you do have Cystic Acne, Accutane should work for you.  If you have another type of Acne, like Nodular Acne, I was told that Accutane may not be a permanent solution, though it works while you take it.  If you are female, I have seen Spironolactone to be a  night to day oral medication for serious Acne.  Spironolactone works only while you take it, but is very different from Accutane.  Talk to a good Dermatologist.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Cystic Acne

Hi ! I also suffer from cystic acne , iv recently used curology and it worked for me but it’s expensive for me to use every month but my mix was Zinc Pyrithione 0.25% Clindamycin 1% and Niacinamide 4% iv been looking into (The ordinary) products such as salicylic Acid and Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% . I don’t know if this information helps or not but I do wish you luck because I know iv struggles for a real long time and my Dermo put me on Accutane and I was on it for two years and it did help but one I was off it all came back .
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos2
testing