Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Cystic Acne

Does anyone have any advise on clearing up or preventing cystic acne?

RE: Cystic Acne

What kind of cystic acne do you have? It can be caused by hormones or bacterial infections. If it's hormonal then a trip to your GP or a dermatologist is your best bet. For the infected kind the only thing that has worked for me is hydrogen peroxide.

Re: Cystic Acne

Try taking a biotin supplement, I have hormonal acne issues sometimes too, but this is the only OTC supplement that's made a difference. I take 2000-3000 mcg, and it's made a difference in my skin. It's good to check with your doctor before taking it though, incase if you're taking anything else that may interact with it.

If you take too much biotin it can cause acne, so be careful with biotin supplements

Like Brook said, a lot of times cystic acne is caused by some sort of imbalance and pills are the best way to go. I noticed during the summer months and when I went on vacation, my skin always looked a million times better. I brought this up to my dr and she had my blood tested. Turns out I have a severe vitamin D deficiency. She put me on a prescription for a high dosage. Since I've been taking the vitamins, my skin has cleared up significantly. 

Only thing that has REALLY worked for me is getting a pill prescription from a dermatologist. This is the way to go if your acne is cystic and caused by hormones- putting stuff on the surface won't do much since it's caused by hormones inside your body rather than dirt or oil or pollutants from the outside. You can scrub and scrub and treat and it won't make a difference =[

What kind are you taking or which ones do you recommend to us please 😩 🙏🏼

Apple cider vinegar
7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing