Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Combination skin, need a foundation that covers it all!

I have combination skin with an oily t-zone and a dryer outer cheek and contour area. I need a FULL coverage foundation that won't stick to my dry patches but wont make my nose and forehead super oily! And I want it to be long wearing while not coming off with every little touch to my face. And I need a good concealed for acne spots and redness. Any ideas? I've tried loads of foundation and they're either too dry, too oily, comes off my fave in 2 hours, or says its full coverage and it really isn't. I'm so done with spending good money on bad products

RE: Combination skin, need a foundation that covers it all!

Hey girl! I have the same problem. I apply ole hirkinsons new green mattifying face lotion and then use becca cosmetics purple primer [theres not dimethicone in either so you're makeup won't slide off your face]. Then I use Kat Von d or tarted rainforest of the sea foundations and apply with a bb. Next you absolutely MUST set with laura mercier loose powder then spray with a setting spray. I swear your makeup will not move all day. I do still pat my nose mid day with a tissue to get rid of excess oil. I hope this helps! Peace and bubbles

RE: Combination skin, need a foundation that covers it all!

First first of all. Wash your face before ever applying makeup. I recommend hydroblur moisturizer from clinique. It hydrates while giving a soft matte finish and blurs out imperfections and also works as a primer! Marc jacobs remarcable foundation is full coverage and matte. A little goes a long way too. Don't over use it or it will become heavy and look bad. But make sure to add more moisturizer on your dry areas so it won't crease. Some people have trouble with that. But moisturizer fixes it! I use shape tape concealer from tarte but Sephora doesn't sell it so Kat von d or makeup forever full coverage concealer work. Use translucent power under the eyes to prevent creasing and all over your face for a softer or natural look but still getting that full coverage. Do it in a patting motion with beauty blender or brush. *unless your skin is really dry then skip putting it on your whole face*. Lastly set it with a setting spray. Your makeup will stay on longer will not look cakey and will melt the makeup into the skin to make it look bomb!! Hope that helps!! Let me know how it goes girl
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing