Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Cleared My Acne!!! (: (sort of)

Hello, so I’ve been on accutuane since April and my skin is pretty much clear now. It’s been an incredibly long journey but it’s been extremely worth it. I’ve used all kinds of foundations to cover my acne for school in the past and many of them were quite thick. Since I no longer need a huge amount of coverage I was looking for something that looks natural and has a medium coverage. I’ve been looking into the IT Cosmetics CC+ but was wondering if anyone had any other recommendations? Thank you so much in advance (:

I did Accutane and something weird happens to your skin once you stop. certain foundations no longer absorb and you have this weird thing where your skin kind of like balls up and acts like it's dry and peeling but you don't know until you apply the foundation. maybe this won't happen to you but it did to myself and my friends. I wasn't able to test enough to figure out if it was a silicone issue or oil based issue. however, two different foundations are now my Go To. 1) Bare Minerals Original Foundation and 2) Becca's luminous foundation. #1 is a powder but does wonders during the summer if you moisturize well before application. while using this I don't get the weird balling up effect like the others and it's has a built on spf. #2 is amazing during winter. Becca essentially relaunches this every other year under a different name. either way, I do a small amount foundation with equal parts light moisturizer, mix, then apply. it has a sheer and luminous coverage. BOTH do wonders for covering any remaining acne scars you have since they aren't matte. I'm so glad you're on the road to better skin! congrats! it's a great feeling!

Lancome Teint Idole has a nice medium coverage. Would love to know if you have any skincare tips on how to survive Accutane!
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing