Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Clarisonic?

Lately I've been hearing nothing but great reviews on the Clarisonic brushes and I have been thinking about purchasing one but the $149+ price has got me thinking twice about it. I would like to hear some of your opinions on the brushes and how well they do or don't work.

I have veryyyy oily skin, rosacea and my nose is blackhead central. I also have large pores around my nose. I have tried a lot of products to get rid of my blackheads but none seem to work. I don't really have any acne its just blackheads that i get most of the time around and on my nose.

So I am just wondering about how well the brushes work for getting rid blackheads and if the brushes help with making pores look smaller?

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Tags:

Re: Clarisonic?

I just got the Clarisonic Mia 2 for Christmas and my mom ordered it from a store that goes through Ebay for $80! It's a lot cheaper and with the money you save you could buy as many brushes as it takes to make your skin look new and fresh! My skin is super sensitive and the brush that comes with it is a bit too much for mine (making it dry) but I just spend less time focusing on those dry areas. I'm looking into purchasing an acne brush with the thought that it met be even more soft. 

Re: Clarisonic?

That is 100% a counterfeit! Sorry, but I work with Clarisonic and most devices sold on Ebay, especially the ones that are significantly cheaper, are counterfeit devices and do not oscillate at the correct frequency. Please call customer services to confirm whether or not you have a real device, as you may be subjecting your skin to an overly harsh oscillation!

I bought the original Pink Mia when they came out.  I lov...

I bought the original Pink Mia when they came out.  I loved it and can tell when I have stopped using it.  My face is a mess with an increase in oil, blackheads and serum filled zits.  The only thing I will tell you is be very careful with it, I recently accidentally dropped mine and it is done, so now onto #2.  It started making wierd noises and wouldn't hold a charge.  I use the normal brush and sensitive skin. 

Hi Paigekristene,    I have to agree with everyone else,...

Hi Paigekristene, 

I have to agree with everyone else, your skin will LOVE you! I don't have the same oily skin but I can tell you that my sister does and she also is very prone to breakouts. Since purchasing her Clarisonic her skin has done a 180 and looks soft and smooth and  she even has a lot less breakouts and blemishes. Try the Mia which is a bit smaller and a lower price, but is just as fabulous. You can always play around and try different brush heads to see what works for your skin. I suggest the Deep Pore Cleansing Brush Head which ensures the best and deepest cleaning to keep your skin happy. 🙂

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Hi Paigekristene,   I just wanted to add that the Clariso...

Hi Paigekristene,

I just wanted to add that the Clarisonic Mia is now $119! I think it is definitely an investment but, you will not regret it. Especially since your skin is very oily the Clarisonic will help get down into the pores to remove access sebum production. I recommend that you get the Deep Cleansing Pore brush because, it will give you a deeper exfoliation.

Mia™ Skin Cleansing System - Pink

Deep Pore Cleansing Brush Head

❤️ Melissa

I know that spending $149 on a skincare brush can be diff...

I know that spending $149 on a skincare brush can be difficult- it took me a long time to buy one.  But just as all of the others have said- it is worth every penny.  I don't regret it at all and even my husband (who refuses to use anything on his skin) is in love with it.

You will notice such an amazing difference in your skin and you will end up saving money in the long run (by not having to buy extra skin care products to treat your skin).

My vote is take the leap of faith- you will be so happy.

xoxo

Jill

I have ridiculously oily skin and blackheads also, and I...

I have ridiculously oily skin and blackheads also, and I do believe using the Clarisonic has helped with the blackheads, hasn't really reduced the oiliness but I didn't think it would.  As far as your rosacia, I do not have any experience with that so I'm not sure how it would be affected by using the Clarisonic.  I would definitely use the gentle brush though. 

Re: I have ridiculously oily skin and blackheads also, and I...

Which Clarisonic brush is the best for teenagers with blackheads.

I love my Clarisonic. I use the sensitive brush head and...

I love my Clarisonic. I use the sensitive brush head and find it to be very gentle and nonirritating. I have found that my skin is overall less oily since using the Clarisonic. The Clarisonic allows the cleanser to better clean your skin. I've had less blackheads as a result. You may want to investigate getting the Deep Pore Cleansing Head for the Clarisonic. I hear that it works wonders.

I'm going to chime in here, since it coudl help.  Now, I...

I'm going to chime in here, since it coudl help.  Now, I don't get blackheads (I get something similar to it but not blackheads) but my skinis very acne proned and sensitive.  I was afraid to use it, due to the fact that I was afriad that my acne was going to spread like wildfire.  Well, I decided to take the chance and get it.  Let's just say that it was the best idea of my life. It's been about a month and my acne has cleared up drastically.  My skin is smooth and flawless, even this one lady at the Clinique counter said that it has drastically improved.  If I were you, I would buy it.  I found it very helpful.

Just one thing though, make sure you disinfect the brush head once a week to kill any bacteria.  Vinegar and water does wonders, plus its safe.

I've owned my Clarisonic since they first came out and I...

I've owned my Clarisonic since they first came out and I have not ever regretted investing the $ into it.  I have very oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin and I use the "sensitive" brush head.  I find that the Clarisonic works best when I remove the bulk of my makeup with a facial cleansing cloth before washing with the Clarisonic.  Also, it's important to use a good facial cleanser to help the Clarisonic do its job, especially to help with your blackheads, etc.  A great cleanser to use with the Clarisonic is Dr. Brandt Pores No More Cleanser because it works great at getting rid of blackheads.  It dissolves impurities, refines enlarged pores, and clears blackheads and whiteheads while controlling excess oil, leaving your skin squeaky clean.  You can find it at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P95​23&categoryId=B70

I think you'll love the Clarisonic if you decide to purchase it.  Hope this helps! 🙂

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing