Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Cheek Blackheads

Hey everyone, looking for help. I'm a little overwhelmed with the different types of skin care and ingredients. I currently use OleHenriksen, but haven't noticed any changes with my skin. 

I have deep blackheads on my cheeks, and no maks/exfoliaters/pre-pro biotics are helping. The blackheads have resulted to dark spots on my cheeks, and I'm embarrassed to go anywhere without makeup. Honestly, makeup hardly covers it anymore. 

Looking for something with Salicylic Acid or Retin-A

What skincare products do you recommend for deep blackheads on the cheeks and darkspots? Thank you!

Re: Cheek Blackheads

@ALP3 PHILOSOPHY - Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor Maskis a good mask that contains salicylic acid.  Paula's Choice BHA products are also good options.

For deep blackheads I would recommend seeing a dermatologist or an esthetician who can do extractions for initial treatment. I know we cant get out right now but its something to look forward to post quarantine. A hundred+ bucks at good esthetician is totally worth it to get yourself to a good starting point, do your research first make sure the are certified and can do extractions.   If they are deep it can be impossible to treat them at home with product. 

Avoid the harsh scrubs double cleansing with an oil and a gentle cleanser will remove far more dirt and oil and without damaging skin. Spend plenty of time massaging the oil and cleanser on you face to make sure you get all the grime and stimulate blood flow.

For chemical exfoliation I really like Herbivores Blue Tansy mask and Moon Fruit sleeping mask (do not use them on the same day) Herbivore Blue Tansy BHA and Enzyme Pore Refining Mask 2 oz/ 60 mL HERBIVORE - Moon Fruit Superfruit Night Treatment   they are more affordable and less intense than Drunk Elephants Baby Facial which I also like for a quick glow. The Herbivore products are also often available through Anthropology and sometimes you can use 30% off deals on them. Remember to use sunscreen after any peeling products.  

I don't know if you have tried the Peace out products but I really like them for anything inflamed. PEACE OUT - Pore Treatment Strips PEACE OUT - Acne Healing Dots the micro needling thind's don't seem to do much. 

I'm with @greeneyedgirl107 Paula's Choice BHA (salicylic acid) will get deep into those pores to clean them out. I use the acne version of her 2% BHA. It makes a huge difference with blackheads.Screenshot_20200405-114425_Chrome.jpg

@ALP3 I HIGHLY rec Paula's Choice BHA products.  Start with the 2%, and go from there.  It also comes in 1, 4 and 9%.  Best of luck!!!

What does the rest of your routine look like?

Thanks! 
In The morning I exfoliate with oleHenriksen walnut scrub, then I use their dark spot toner, then I moisturize with their vitamin C serum and cream. In the evening i use the orange okehenriksen face wash 

@ALP3 The OH products may be irritating your skin due to the fragrant essential oils.  I rec looking them up on beautypedia, and seeing what you think.  Best of luck!  🙂

Hi there - @ALP3 I hear you and don't worry we will find some solutions together. Here are a few things to start trying.

I would recommend giving these items a shot, as they target you main concern around clogged pores and then we can move on into correcting any discoloration or scarring are experiencing.

Cheers!

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • Screenshot_20200405-114425_Chrome.jpg
testing