Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Caveman Regimen

Have anyone ever tried or heard about the Caveman Regimen?

Basically, this is how the theory goes:

Your skin has something called an "acid mantle". It's job is to act as a thin layer of your skin to prevent the entrance and infection of microorganisms. Because we are constantly slathering our skin in various treatments, this tosses our acid mantle way out to balance; and in turn, our skin retaliates with more imperfections. The theory is, if nothing touches your face, your acid mantle will return to normal, and you'll be left with perfect skin. (Yes, even water can throw our acid mantle out of balance.)

It's kinda a rave on ********. Many people have tried and said that works for them. I wonder too?!

Re: Caveman Regimen

give em to me!!  Smiley Very Happy

i've never actually seen a pic of a caveman's skin, just drawings, i would have to see proof that they actually had perfect skin.

haha

I'm seriously thinking about it. I just don't know if I can do it for a month. I might try a week and see how I feel and go from there. I'm only thinking about this because I had near perfect skin in the beginning of my teenage years. However as I began to treat it's gotten worse instead of better. I figure it can't hurt.

That sounds pretty cool, but really hard too. On average, people touch their face about 10 times a day without even thinking about it and realizing that they did. It would be extremely difficult to have nothing touch your face. And for me, it's kinda impossible because I have to touch my eye area to put in contacts in the morning. But I wonder if it actually works, it sounds really interesting.

I was reading about it. It's more about not picking at your skin then barley touching it. However I'm sure the more hands off you are the better. 

My boyfriend basically does this just out of ignorance, and he has ridiculously good skin (although I worry about his lack of SPF). Am I willing to do it? Hell no, for reasons of sunscreen alone.

Im going to try this today is my first day and Im going to do this all the way until next sunday I will keep y'all posted on how it works btw good morning Smiley Happy

omg im sorry ive missed a few diary's but here it is for day four- so far my skin is clear, my acne muted, but my underye circles prominent and dark purple Smiley Sad im happy with my overall skin tone but upset with my undereyes.

I finished it yesterday after I finally couldn't resit and put some concealer on my acne but overall I didn't really see a difference for the better doing this regimen but I do agree on cutting down makeup and products but a few things I can't live without! thanks for doing this post though it was really creative and fun to try out Smiley Very Happy

Conversation Stats