Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Breakout Post-Glamglow!!

Help! I used the Glamglow Supermud a few times in one week, hoping it would completely improve my skin. Quite the opposite- my forehead is completely broken out with acne that I have never gotten before. Has anyone else had this problem? HOW DO I SOLVE IT?! 

Re: Breakout Post-Glamglow!!

I had this problem when I first used Glamglow.  It had turned me off the product for a while, but once I started to use it again regularly - once a week, my skin was much happier.

I think it's just the initial "purging" of the skin that causes this.

Good luck!

I think Glamglow isn't for everyone

from my experience, the mask is really irritating especially the physical exfoliating part 

if you give your skin some time, it'll go back to normal 

moisturize really well and cleanse gently but well as well

GlamGlow is strong. Perhaps try something a little gentler?

Hi Ckmiceli! 

Your skin may just be "purging."  Sometimes when we start new skin care routines, the product will bring everything to the surface before it gets better.  It's actually a good thing that's happening! However, I know it's not fun to walk around with that, especially when it's not a regular occurrence.  

I'd recommend trying the Murad Acne Spot Fast Fix.  I've been using it the past couple weeks and it seems to get rid of breakouts pretty quickly. And it's only $16! 

Cheers!

Kevin

Thank you so much!

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you 😞

I have been using the super mud, but I only use it once a week and I haven't had any bad reactions. Perhaps your skin was shocked by the formula and the frequency with which it was used? 

Until your skin calms down, I recommend avoiding anything remotely strong or harsh on the skin. Try cooling products and lightweight natural formula's. 

1. Clinique moisture surge

2. Cooling face pack, just stick it in the fridge and then let it sit on your face for 10 minutes.

3. Avoid scrubs and peels and maybe try steaming your face to help purge whatever irritated your face.

Good luck! 🙂

Thank you so much!! (:
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing