cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Blackheads

Hi!

Can anyone recommend something that gets rid of blackheads on the nose? I try to squeeze them and some come out but there's still a lot stuck and sometimes squeezing and picking makes it look worse 😞 I have tried nose strips and they don't work very well.         Thanks!!

Re: Blackheads

I’m with @janelledanae and @aprilespinal @here—salicylic acid (BHA) products are the best for clearing out pores. Both their recs ( Paula’s choice and the Ordinary) should work fab on oily skin. 

However, if you have a layer of dry or rough skin on top the acid may not penetrate (I’m guessing you’ve oily skin so this is not an issue)—a gentle AHA such as lactic acid can slough off the outer layer in order for the BHA to penetrate. Don’t use them in the same day—give it a rest! 

definitely don’t over-squeeze (I know it’s tempting…) or use harsh mechanical exfoliants, which can dry or damage the skin if used overzealously. Good luck 🙂

Thank you!! 🙂

Use a leave on salicylic mask like the one from the ordinary. Leave it in for about 10 minutes and repeat a couple times a week

Use products with salicylic acid in it, i would suggest a leave on product like paula’s choice exfoliating toner, but if you want a more affordable option the inky list has exfoliating toners as well for under $10. I would also say to make sure you are hydrating and moisturizing your skin because using exfoliating products on their own can be drying to your skin and cause more oil to be produced. 

oh, and stay away from pore strips they are terrible for your skin! 

i hope that helps 💜

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing