Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Best way to get ride of blackheads/sebaceous filaments?

I only get blackheads/sebaceous filaments on my nose, they are so prominent and just won’t go away! Please please help me! I’m having an engagement party next year and I’d like to get it under control with something. Recommendations needed! Thank you!

Re: Best way to get ride of blackheads/sebaceous filaments?

Hi @autumnash !

I would suggest using the Kate Somerville EradiKate Daily Cleanser 4 oz/ 120 mL . Then, use the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mL . This is packed with ingredients that help with blackheads. Use a face mask like GLAMGLOW Mini SUPERMUD® Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask 0.5 oz/ 15 g , which has charcoal and Salicylic Acid, which are both great acne/blackhead fighting ingredients. If you want, you can also try SEPHORA COLLECTION Nose Strip Charcoal to target your nose. Make sure you are using a good moisturizer, so your skin doesn't get dried out. Try tGlow Recipe Watermelon Pink Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer 2 oz/ 60 mL or SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator - Hydrate & Glow 1.01oz/ 30mL . I hope this helps! Have a great day and let me know if you have any questions! 🙂

What products are you currently using, @autumnash?

@autumnash a BHA and an AHA/PHA are usually what is recommended to deal with blackheads but it can take between 2-12 weeks for it to be effective (not a lot of skincare products will have a huge effect in a week)

You'd want to use the chemical exfoliants 2-3 times a week and not in the same routine as retinol. 

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 5.07 oz/ 150 mLand Some By Mi 30 Day Miracle Toner have both in one formula 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing