Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Best skin care regimen for adult acne

Please Help!! I have always had acne prone skin from the age of 13 through adult hood but it was manageable up until a few months ago when I turned 25. In the winter, my skin generally gets worse because it will go from being really oily to being both oily and really dry but this year it has regressed to being as covered in acne as it was when I was a teen. I have tried murad and that was awful for me. AcneFree worked for a little while but now seems to overly dry my skin though it helps clear my skin slightly. I recently tried boscia and it didn't dry me out, but definitely didn't clear my skin. I am very frustrated because my skin hasn't been this bad in years. I don't know what else to try on my sensitive skin.

Try talking to your doctor and seeing if they recommend R...

Try talking to your doctor and seeing if they recommend Retin-A or Retin-A Micro.  My insurance covered most of it and I only paid $30. I have been battling acne for almost 2 years now (mid 20s), and went through several different skin care lines.  I have combo and sensitive skin.  I stopped with all the different products and ingredients and got a soap free, oil free, medication free facial cleanser and moisturizer with SPF.  Drugstore brands such as Purpose, Cetaphil, and Neutrogena Naturals are great options (I use Purpose).  I have been on Retin-A micro for almost a month now and my acne is drying up.  It is very drying hence a good but basic moisturizer with spf is key!  Best of luck 🙂

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing