Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Best foundation for acne prone skin

I have found it overwhelming to try and find a foundation that is full coverage for acne and also doesn't go cakey at the end of the day. I also have oily skin as well any recommendations? Thanks!
Anonymous Insider

RE: Best foundation for acne prone skin

Clinque acne prone hands down. Concealer and foundation are both amazing and have ingredients to combat breakouts while giving enough coverage to hide redness without cake-ing up your skin. I was asked during the worst breakout since teen years which foundation I used because I looked airbrushed! I almost cried. It’s really great, I’m never using anything else. Even when not broken out it’s my go to.

Re: Best foundation for acne prone skin

In all honesty, the best thing for acne is no foundation, But as that's obviously not an option for any of us. Cover FX is an amazing brand to try. The makeup line was created by the same formulation expert that created MACs OG foundations. Their products are formulated without the inflammatory 5. (parabens, fragrance, gluten, mineral oil, and talc). But another crucial thing to prevent acne when using foundation is to routinely clean your makeup applicators and ensure you are double cleaning your makeup off.

Unknown.jpegimages.jpeg

I just tried the IT cosmetics CC cream, and I loved it! Great coverage, just glides on the skin, and has anti aging benefits. Also, the new YSL All Hours foundation is fantastic. I tried it with a beauty blender first, but I found the coverage is much more even with a brush, I used my Morphe E6 and it looked flawless. It's also matte, so my oils didn't come through on my T-zone. I had the Cover FX mattifying primer underneath, which is great for my acne prone skin since it has salicylic acid

Hey @Jen733. Foundation for oily acne prone skin can be t...

Hey @jen733. Foundation for oily acne prone skin can be tricky. I have the same skin concerns. I use Bobbi Brown stick foundation. Also try Sephora's new stick foundation. The coverage is full as well. However, the cakey look speaks to skincare, not so much the foundation. Or at least that is what I was told by a Sephora cast member. If your into classes Sephora has a Flawless Foundation Class that is really helpful. Or pop in the store. My advice is to start off with samples before purchasing. It takes a minute to find the right foundation.

I love the new bare minerals liquid pro foundation. It's amazing and covers all my acne scars and redness. Highly recommend with a beauty blender or if you like, you can use the luxe performance brush that was designed to be used with the foundation. 

Anonymous Insider

Lancome teint idole ultra wear is my go to. I have cystic...

Lancome teint idole ultra wear is my go to. I have cystic acne and it gives me solid coverage without using a lot of product. Definitely apply it with a brush though (the sephora collection 47). Get yourself a good primer too! Cover fx has a matifying primer with salicylic acid for acne.

Re: Lancome teint idole ultra wear is my go to. I have cystic...

I had this stuff and I LOVED it...but I dropped and broke it two weeks into having it! (It was a very sad day for me) I never got it again for fear of wasting money again lol. But I agree, it covered up my acne nicely. 

My favorite is the it cosmetics CC cream the original one. It's lightweight, but even though it says it's a CC cream it's really good coverage and dries to a natural/matte finish and doesn't cake up. It has a lot of SPF so it probably doesn't do well under flash photography. Another good one is tarte's amazonian clay foundation I love the texture of it but I seem to have to powder more often. Also the it cosmetics is non conmedogenic I'm not sure about the tarte's, but tarte does use good natural ingredients.

I loved it CC as well BUT it doesn’t have a shade light enough for me. So if you have fair /ivory skin tone it unfortunately is not one that your able to use as it gives a big line that is to dark to blend out . For someone who has a slightly tanner skin tone like my mom and sis they love it

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos2
  • Unknown.jpeg
  • images.jpeg
testing