Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Best foundation for acne prone skin

I'm looking for a foundation that isn't too heavy, but also will still cover up my acne scars & dark spots. My skin is often irritated by foundation & breaks out. Does anyone have any good recommendations of foundation that is good for your skin? Thanks! 🙂

RE: Best foundation for acne prone skin

You may have to try a mineral foundation. It's good for acne prone skin. Like bare minerals. It sounds like you need a switch up your skin care routine. A good skin care routine will help correct the underlying problem. @saraddoll

RE: Best foundation for acne prone skin

I’ve heard awesome comments on the immaculate foundation from hourglass cosmetics. That’s what I’m going to try next

Clinique Beyond Perfecting. It's a concealer too so that...

Clinique Beyond Perfecting. It's a concealer too so that helps. It feels a little heavier but I've had good luck with Clinique products not causing more acne or irritating my skin. And it definitely covers. A little goes a long way

Re: Best foundation for acne prone skin

The best one I've found so far is the Sephora brand airbrush foundation, the one that comes in a spray can. I've tried the fenty, ysl, smashbox, you name it, and this one has been the best as far as not giving me tons of breakouts. Plus it's super lightweight. Buildable coverage, one layer will be about medium coverage, but two layers gives full coverage. I also use tarte shape tape concealer on problem areas (it's amazingly pigmented to cover stuff up, but you have to work fast with blending it out because it dries down very fast)

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing