Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Best foundation for acne/acne scars

After I delivered my son this spring I got the WORST acne of my entire life, far worse than the cystic acne of my teenage years. This was all at the surface, and my skin was crepe-y and thin, and incredibly fragile. After working with a dermatologist I’ve seen lots of improvement but now I have dark red scars all over my face. I’ve been trying some skin care to fade them, but I’m also looking for a good foundation that will provide full coverage without causing more problems for my skin.

RE: Best foundation for acne/acne scars

Hi there! I have a lot of acne scarring, and I have tried so many different full-coverage foundations. My favorite by far is the Nars All Day Luminous Weightless foundation applied using a damp beauty blender. It offers great coverage, even on active acne, without looking cakey or drawing attention to what I’m trying to cover up. Unlike other matte full coverage foundations, it also doesn’t dry before I’ve had a chance to blend it, and it doesn’t oxidize and leave me looking patchy once it does dry. I work 12 hour shifts at a hospital, and as long as I don’t touch or rub my face, it lasts through work and any errands I have to run afterwards. If I need more coverage, I’ll grab a small brush and use it as concealer. Hope this helps!
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing