Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Best clean shampoo/conditioner for acne prone skin?

I have noticed more comedonal (spelling?) acne around my forehead area recently and want to try some different hair products to determine if that helps. I suspect the increase in clogged pores has a lot to do with my stopping birth control, but want to try anything that could possibly help. I’m currently using Prose, which is a clean product — but I’m not sure if there is a specific ingredient I should be avoiding. Anyways, any recommendations or advice for shampoo/conditioner that won’t clog my pores? side note: coconut oil is not my friend and is unfortunately in many clean products. 

Re: Best clean shampoo/conditioner for acne prone skin?

First off adding a charcoal scalp scrub to your hair routine is a must. It cleans those pores out & prevents dandruff. I use dry shampoo & that was the root of my scalp acne. Try using a different dry shampoo or be sure to apply it slightly higher than your root line. The scalp scrub is also very beneficial at removing excess buildup from dry shampoo. Be sure you’re not missing your hairline during cleansing routine & try to add in a AHA/BHA or salicylic acid treatment to that area! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing