Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Best Luxury Foundation for Acne-prone Sensitive Skin?

I have a fair complexion with combination to oily skin. What is the best high-end foundation for my skin type? I've tried the Estée Lauder double-wear foundation and I think it causes tiny bumps on my cheeks. I'm assuming they are my skins reaction as I haven't tried anything new with my routine other than the foundation. I'd prefer a matte finish and something that lasts all day/withstands oily skin. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Re: Best Luxury Foundation for Acne-prone Sensitive Skin?

Try the Yves Saint Laurent all hours full coverage matte foundation, very light weight and buildable, looks very natural also.Lancome also has one that last and it s transfer proof, but not full coverage

RE: Best Luxury Foundation for Acne-prone Sensitive Skin?

My recommendation would hands downs be the Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation. This saved my skin! I USED to use foundations that were just targeted spots and never looked at the fact that the product I put all over my face makes a difference in your skin😂 I have oily skin and this tends to get shiny throughout the day without blotting but it it's worth it! You will not be able to tell it's luminous unless applying the foundation on top of moisturized skin with a damp sponge. I personally don't because it tends to become luminous and tad bit oily looking! IF You have severe dry patches then exfoliate before to prevent clinging.

Re: RE: Best Luxury Foundation for Acne-prone Sensitive Skin?

love this foundation 

Anonymous Insider

Re: Best Luxury Foundation for Acne-prone Sensitive Skin?

Marc jacobs re(marc)able foundation is the absolute best for oily acne prone skin, and it's completely full coverage. I don't even need concealer with it! It's super light weight but covers absolutely everything. Totally worth the money and you only need 4 tiny drops for your whole face because it's very  concentrated, this foundation saved my life!

RE: Re: Best Luxury Foundation for Acne-prone Sensitive Skin?

Thank you for the suggestion! If there's one thing I won't cheap out on when it comes to makeup- it's foundation and primer. If it's worth the money and I don't use a lot I believe the price is justified. Sure beats going through a ton of drugstore foundations quickly that also irritate my skin.

I use Estée Lauder Double Wear right now and I def agree it isn't the best. Doesn't cover as much as I'd like. I've also used Born This Way which I was really happy with. Some people say it doesn't work well with oily skin but I never had any problems with it? I'm going to try out the Estée Lauder Maximum Coverage next and see how that wears.

Let me know how it goes! I was curious about that foundation as well.

Personally I really do like the Kat Von D lock it foundation. I've tried so many different luxury foundations and it is the first one I've actually found that I really do like. It has amazing coverage and I have very oily skin and it keeps me from getting shiny throughout the day. I have had to deal with acne for most of my life but this foundation is the first one I've found that covers my blemish and pores very well without irritating my skin.

I've heard a lot of good things about that line- and I love that her shade range includes a lot of different skin tones. Even for pasty girls like me! I'll definitely give it a shot ☺️
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing