Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Basic of the basic skin and makeup routine

Hello, I’m someone who likes to do minimal skin care and little to no makeup. I’ve started to gather interest on seriously learning about makeup and building confidence in how I look. I have acne prone skin and have lots of big holes/pores, acne scars and anything you can relate to having acne prone skin. I’m fairly pale, light medium warm toned on foundation and tinted moisturizers. I’ve tried all kinds of pore hiding primers but every time I put almost any kind of brand of foundation on or tinted moisturizers it just seems that when I put those on it just makes my pores/holes/scars (idk the correct term but pls someone correct me) seem to be more visible. Any suggestions on what I can do to fix that would be much appreciated! 

Re: Basic of the basic skin and makeup routine

Hi!! 

It sounds like you might be referring to ice pick acne scarring? Kind of like the indented scars (instead of the dark marks) that can happen after a blemish has come and gone. 

In general, you're going to find that skin that is well prepped before foundation will look its smoothest. I will say in truth that makeup cannot undo texture completely, but blurring products can help a little bit and as weird as it sounds, lighter to medium coverage foundations applied in sheer layers can tend to be more forgiving than full coverage on scarring. (It seems counterintuitive but it is true!) 

What do you use for skincare and how do you usually prep when you put foundation on? 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing