Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

BUMPY SKIN / UNEVEN TEXTURE

IMG_0468.JPGHello! I need some tips/product recommendations! This picture (while a horrible Snapchat shot) shows the texture of my face the best. These small bumps are so irritating and do nothing to go away. A little background; I have previously done two rounds of accutane, finishing my 2nd round about 3 years ago. My acne came back aggressively and I was able to get it where it is in this picture by learning about products and skincare ingredients. I'm currently using Tula purifying cleanser both morning and with a Clarisonic in the evening. Tula glycolic acid toner, PCA retionol in evening, drunk elephant c-firma in morning, and Tula Mosturizer. I exfoliate twice a week with the derm-e microdermabrasion scrub. I don't know how to get rid of these pesky bumps, but in the right lighting they look absolutely horrid with foundation on! Please help! Any tips are welcome!!!'

RE: BUMPY SKIN / UNEVEN TEXTURE

You are tripping you’re skin looks gorgeous to me!

Definitely agree with seeing an esthetician! They can do microdermabrasion and that is literally a lifesaver when it comes to pesky little bumps!! Definitely don’t exfoliate to much- it may be causing an adverse reaction. Also rosehip oil- it’s a genius way of calming the skin down but also keeping a nice smooth surface. But number one suggestion is seeing an esthetician and keeping your skin care routine as simple as possible! (Cleanser- toner-oil-moisturize)

Re: BUMPY SKIN / UNEVEN TEXTURE

The only thing that has helped me get rid of all the little bumps that I had on my chin and forehead was going to see an esthetician monthly.  It can get kinda pricey, but it's 100% worth it.  I've never seen my skin so smooth before.  I also take spironolactone everyday and use differin gel to help combat my breakouts. 

thank you so much! i recently started going to one and the results are incredible! thanks for the advice 

Another thing, small bumps all over can be a dermatitis fungul overgrowth (gross sounding I know) I had this too and YouTube has a lot of info on it, adding tea tree oil to my Herbivore lapis oil or other moslisturizer flattened my bumps overnight

this could explain why all of your exfoliation isn't zapping you acne-- it might not be acne!! Best wishes xoxo

thanks for the tip! I went to my doctor and am trying a cream to help 🙂

Start using less AHAs (glycolic acid, etc) and more BHAs! BHAs can exfoliate deeper into your pores and are a little more gentle. I have the same problem with bumpy texture and congested pores, and I've incorporated CosRX's BHA Blackhead Power Liquid once a day after washing to see great results. It's 22 at Ulta and less than 20 on amazon if you have prime. I really like it because it has 4% betaine, which is more gentle than salicylic acid, and hydrating properties, so it's not exfoliating your face raw. So gentle and so effective, and my pores are totally clearing up after just a couple of weeks. You'll see results the next morning the first time you use it (-:

thank you for the tips!!!

Hi, I have the same issue with my skin. Do you mind updating us on what you used and if it worked? Ive been trying everything, and exfoliating is only helping about 50%. Thanks!!! 

Hi! I've recently started going to an esthetician monthly for extractions and that is the only thing that I've ever noticed a difference! It is a little spendy, but compared to the amount I was spending on products, it is so worth it!!

Hi! So I know this post is pretty old however I have found a solution to our problem! The Drunk Elephant Baby Facial helps get rid of like 90% of texture, its amazing! Try to find products with AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid) and BHA (beta hydroxy acid). I love Paulas Choice BHA and Farmacy has a Serum called Honeymoon Glow. It helps soooo much! I Suggest you go to your local ulta to try them out before purchasing. Be careful not to indulge in them though because abusing them can actually give your skin a "plastic" or "rubbery" look. But dont be frightened. That is a rare case and only happens if you overdue. Hope this helped!!! Also, try to go for microdermabrasion maybe once a month or once every two months. Hope this helped!!! 

Hiii weird idea but you may be over exfoliating with so many acids and physical exfoliants. You could go for a facial at a estheticians office and they can recommend better practices and really read your skin to you from an expert perspective! Perhaps try a soothing oil like the blue one from Herbivore (amazon sells a smaller size) which soothes my bumpy skin!!

@Umsorachel this could be accurate, if you're overdoing i...

@Umsorachel this could be accurate, if you're overdoing it you skin could be overcompensating with oil production, etc. leading to rebound acne/bumps/etc. and I definitely second using bha's, but still not so aggressively.

A great exfoliating mask that I am obsessed with is not sold at Sephora. It can be an extreme exfoliator depending on how much pressure you apply when removing it. It's made by LUSH, 'Cup O Coffee Mask'. It can be used daily on both face and body. It is hands down my *favorite* exfoliating mask because it can be a more coarse exfoliator depending on how you scrub: it contains coffee bean grinds! LUSH are on the natural ingredients side but I am not sure how the two main ingredients agave or caffeine would effect your skin. I know you mentioned above that you have looked in to ingredients so check the mask out and see. I hope this helped 🙂 

Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos1
  • IMG_0468.JPG
testing