Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Anyone has horrible purging / breakouts using Drunk Elephant products?

Hello everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone is also experiencing horrible purging / breakouts after start using Drunk Elephant products? I've started using the Drunk Elephant T.L.C Sukari Babyfacial once a week, TLC Farmboos Glycolic Night serum every other night and Vitamin C serum every night for two weeks now, I am having horrible breakouts!! I am not sure which product is causing this massive breakouts? When I apply those products, I didn't feel any tingle, stinging sensation and my skin didn't feel sensitive or red at all, so I don't think it's irritating my skin. I have combination skin with t zone area that's acne prone, now I have big painful pimples on my chin, close to my lips, side of nose ! when some of them are gone, it left a big dark mark on my skin. Anyone experience the same thing after using Drunk Elephant products? I would love to hear your experiences and advice. I am 44 years old, I have not had pimple this frequent since I was in my 20s. sigh... (T__T)

Re: Anyone has horrible purging / breakouts using Drunk Elephant products?

You can return that product! Sephora takes back product even if you’ve had it for an extended period of time. If you decided you didn’t like it and don’t want to stick through a transition phase take the product back! Don’t let it turn in to a horrible experience and waste of money!

This is exactly what I am experiencing right now! I’m not sure if I should stick with it and see if it improves or try something else. I’ve spent so much money on DE! Ahh!! Did you end up trying something new? 

Which products are you using @Kbrooke23? Maybe try just the cleanser and one of the moisturizers for a few days and see if that helps your skin calm down.

I’ve been using the Pekee Bar, TLC & Marula oil at night and the Pekee with C-Firma & Lala in the morning. I have noticed when I use Lala my face almost feels like it’s sweating for about 5-10 min. My face gets warm..like the lotion suffocated my skin then it absorbed and the feeling goes away. I’ve been using clinique acne line for years but it was just too hard and drying for me so I decided to give DE a shot. I’ve also noticed white heads under my eyebrows and between my eyes which I never have a problem in those areas. I’m at a loss 😞  Thank you so much for your reply! The suggestions are very welcomed!! 

Drunk elephant products made my skin break out terribly. Never using it again. I got white bumps all over my forehead where i NEVER get acne and over my cheeks (where im acne-prone). It was ridiculous. I stopped after two uses and began using salicylic acid.

RE: Anyone has horrible purging / breakouts using Drunk Elephant products?

Yes! I used it for about 3 weeks and the serum made me break out so bad! It made my cystic acne return as well. I stopped using it and went back to my Clinique acne solutions and my skin looks and feels so much better. The products are definitely not worth the price or hype!

HI!

I've started using the Drunk Elephant TLC glycolic night serum and had similar results to what you just mentioned! Are you still using this particular product?
I have dry and sensitive skin. I used it every other night and had no issues for 2 weeks. During the 3rd week, I got pimples on my cheeks and tiny whiteheads around my nose and chin. I usually don't get these big pimples! Don't really understand if it's the purging process or what?! 
What is the solution? Can anyone help please?!

I started breaking out when I first started using DE. I had been putting on C-Firma first, and then layering B-Hydra on top, and was getting a lot of red bumps. BUT when I started mixing the two together in my hand and putting them on together (rather than layering), it completely eliminated the bad reaction. Diluting the C-Firma with the B-Hydra made it a lot more tolerable for my skin, and now it works wonders! 

I do break out from the BabyFacial - it's better if I really stick to my routine, but any time I skip a treatment my skin reacts more the next time I use it. A Sephora artist recommended mixing it with LaLa Retro (which is usually too thick and greasy for my skin) to make it a little gentler. It seems to work better when I do this, but overall I'm not nearly as impressed with BabyFacial as the rest of the DE line. 

change ur diet

I don't believe in this whole "purging" thing. It either works or it doesn't for me. I tried both their bars (in the travel duo kit) and they didn't clear my skin at all. My skin was "cleaned" bur I still had breakouts. I switched to Erno Lazlo and can't imagine using anything else.

Which Erno Laszlo products do you use for acne prone skin? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have been using Drunk elephant for couple weeks now and my skin is breaking out with it. I have tried skipping these products in my skincare and I see my skin doing much better 

RE: Re: Anyone has horrible purging / breakouts using Drunk Elephant products?

Unfortunately all vitamin C products make me break out

Re: RE: Re: Anyone has horrible purging / breakouts using Drunk Elephant products?

all the derivatives too? there are like 5 different types of vitamin C. look up Gothamista on youtube!

I’m fine with acids. However, vitamin C causes breakouts in the form on tiny whiteheads for me. I’ve tried DE and Sunday Riley Vitamin C products. Both caused me breakouts. I’ve never stuck with either long enough to see if it’s clears following “the purge.” I’m not sure if it’s a purge or if I don’t tolerate Vitamin C well. I’ve also read that Vitamin C and niacinamide don’t interact well and I was using a moisturizer with niacinamide at the the time. Who knows...

I feel like the T.L.C.  Framboos Glycolic Night Serum is causing cystic acne and whether is purging or acne I don't care.  Its not normal for me to have such cystic acne now that I'm age 39.  Another product that caused this was Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask, awful for my skin, I'll have to figure out how to get rid of the scars caused by that product but now that I've used the Framboos twice I'm done with this too.  The pimples were large, some were very small but all were painful and there were a lot of them all over my face.  I think its caused by the fruit glycolic acids or some other ingredient that is clogging pores.

My skin is sensitive, oily & acne prone. Started using the Littles 3 months ago, one product at a time. Found out that my skin only likes the Pekee bar in am, Beste cleanser at night, B hydra day & TLC at night. The rest of the products made me break out. Was most disappointed with the C firma. After going through the ingredients with a fine tooth comb, found the 5th listed was Laureth 23, which is horrible for pore clogging & acne prone skin. Stopped C firma, skin begin to clear, & stay clear 

Both products are not to be used at the same time. Drunk elephant reps suggest using either the Sukari baby facial or the framboos serum at a time because of how strong the acids are for your skin...
Anonymous Insider

Has anyone used the T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum? The ingredients look amazing but I'm scared now since so many people have had breakouts!

Anonymous Insider

i used the DE glycolic night serum and love it. The price is quite expensive, but if you look on ebay you may find a smaller size for cheap. 

vitamin C products cause purging. it's a normal reaction,...

vitamin C products cause purging. it's a normal reaction, and it should occur within 2-6 weeks. pressing through is worth it, imo. I'm on my 5th week of Vitamin C serum (CEO to C-firma) and I'm completely clear.
Conversation Stats
testing