Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Ance

I am eleven years old and my skin is very red on my cheeks and a little bit on my forehead.I have always had a little zit but you could not see it well. But now I have a big cluster of zitz on the side of my face. I NEED A GENTLE PRODUCT TO CLEAR UP MY FACE BEFORE IT GETS WORST 

Hi,

I Highly recommend the No More Derma Drama line by CLickR Skin Care( available at Sephora) . My skin has really been clearing up and this is by far the BEST acne line and I am very happy ( and I have used a lot of other products). All the medicated creams that I have used either dry out my skin or irritate it to the point where it becomes red and itchy. But with CLickR my skin feels refreshed and has a healthy look to it. I highly recommend these products they work on all skin types and I have extremely sensitive skin and I have not had any negative reactions to these products. Please feel free to ask me any further questions about products, for I am an addict! I hope this helps.

Since you are so young, you'll  definitely need to have s...

Since you are so young, you'll  definitely need to have something in your skincare routine that involves fighting acne, but isn't too harsh. The order I think you could do it in is cleanse, treat, and then moisturize.

From personal experience, I found that face washes with any of the two dry's out and irritates the skin too much without much effect. The cleanser only stays on the skin for a couple of seconds, which is not enough time for it to work. With your age, you've entered the "acne-prone" stage in your life. So wash your face with a mild cleanser, make sure its very basic, and doesn't claim to treat acne on the skin- just clean it. Just make sure your cleanser/ moisturizer/sunscreen doesn't have any oils or pore-clogging ingredients which can cause acne. Look for names like non-acnegenic ( won't cause acne), non-comedogenic( won't clog pores, but may have oils in it), and the most important is oil-free; since your red cheeks may because of sensitive skin hypo-allergenic may be something you want too. 

There are two types of treatments that are used most commonly in the treatment of acne(choose one). One is salicylic acid which goes into oil filled pores and exfoliates the dead skin cells inside, it reduces inflammation , and helps break down whiteheads and blackheads. The second is Benzoyl Peroxide which introduces oxygen into the pores and kills the bacteria that causes acne. It also exfoliates dead skin cells, keeping the pores clean, therefore preventing acne from even happening! If you are buying one, look for concentrations of 2.5% ... These are strong enough and avoid unnecessary irritation and redness. You should be treating your entire face, not just the places you have acne at the moment, to make sure you can PREVENT future acne and adding a little extra to spots where you have breakouts at the moment. Be careful not to apply these near the eyes or mouth, they can burn. To avoid burning your face and causing redness, apply a small amount to the face when you begin, and slowly increase your amount 

There are two routes that you can take with moisturizer. You can have a regular one that you apply after you treat the face or you can buy one that already has the treatment in it. I recommend you start off with the treatment and moisturizer first until your skin gets clear, and then go to a moisturizer that has treatment in it to just make sure it stays clear( these treatments are less harsh). Sunscreen is also important, so you may want one in your moisturizer or a separate sunscreen( but its more work).

GOOD LUCK!! and this is only a suggestion! : )

I suggest clean start by Dermalogica because these produc...

I suggest clean start by Dermalogica because these products are made for young acne prone skin. The products are gentle and contain acne fighting ingedients and also contain other beneficial ingredients that help skin be as healthy and radiant as it can be.

I'd recondmend, since your skin is too young for many of...

I'd recondmend, since your skin is too young for many of the harsh acne fighting agents out there, a oil-free moisturizer with salicilic acid to activly fight breakouts. Clean & Clear has a good one i've used that makes your face all cold and tingly. Also get a gentle but effective acne regimen going. I am faithful to Biore, and I probably have the most sensitive skin on the planet. I use the Complexion Clearing Ice Cleanser in the morning followed by a SPF 15 oil-free moisturizer (Biore line), and at night i use the Biore Complexion Clearing Warming Anti-Blackhead Scrub followed by Yu-Be facial moisturizer.

A good moisturizer can really effect your acne levels and skin texture. Try using a heavier cream at night, and a lighter moisturizer in the morning. A good trick I use is i coat my entier face in a thick layer of my Yu-Be moisturizer, wait 15-30 minutes, or until most of it has soaked into my skin, and dampen a soft washcloth in warm water, and gently scrub the lotion off in a circular motion. This wisks away oil and dirt and dead skin cells that clog your pores and form those nasty zits we all hate.

And for your red skin, a good face regimine will even that out in time. But don't go to extreme levels to get rid of that acne. when your a few years older, when your acne has reached its full potential, you should go to the dermatologist and get a perscription acne medication. There are pills you take for a series of months, and there are gels and creams you apply to the areas that have broken out, or all over your face. I'm thirteen and am going through the same issues, and i know acne can have a huge impact on self-esteem, so i really hope my advice helps you. Good luck!

I think you should probably just try a good acne-fighting...

I think you should probably just try a good acne-fighting cleanser such as Clinique Acne Solutions Cleansing Foam which is a gentle cleanser that you can find at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P188309&categoryId=B70

You could also use (after cleansing) Clinique Acne Solutions Spot Healing Gel which is a clear gel that helps reduce blemishes and promote healing.  It can be found at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P188312&categoryId=B70

If these two products do not clear up your blemishes, you may want to go see a dermatologist to see what he or she recommends.

I hope this helps you. Smiley Happy

Since your'e so young, you should definatly NOT use any o...

Since your'e so young, you should definatly NOT use any of the products from Sephora. They're too harsh for your'e young skin! Go to ca.l'occitane.com and type in the olive line into the search box. It sooths red and sensitive skin and clears your face of impurities. Email me if you have any questions.

p.s. the skincare stuff at l'occitane is a good price too, and there's a store on the 2nd level in west edmonton mall too!

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors