Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Afraid to go into store to ask for help for make for coverage for Acne/scars

Hello! 

I'm afraid to go into Sephora or any store for that matter; nyx , mac, etc because I'm new to makeup and im looking for foundation/concealer and things I need to cover up my acne scars/acne! I want to apply coverage to cover the scars/acne but to look natural at the same time 😞 

It will be so helpful if I was guided on what I needed and the shades recommended for my skin!

I'm more on the tan side of being Chinese/Vietnamese ; warm tan beige or somewhat around there!

I have some scaring i want to also cover up 😞 

one of the reasons im afraid to go inside is that i'm a guy.. I know there's plenty of people that are guys who wear makeup but I'm very intimated /insecure 😞

P.S Sorry for the weird photos! These are the only pictures I could find that are good enough to show what my skin tone is, it gets tanner because of the season ; summer. Sorry for the photos, only ones I could find are snaps from friends . Thank you.

.Skintone.pngSkintone2.pngSkintone4.pngskintone3.png

Re: Afraid to go into store to ask for help for make for coverage for Acne/scars

I think greeneyedgirl107's gave really good advice.  I was in the store doing a makeover one time, and a male customer with psoriasis came in for a recommendation for a foundation.  One of the male employees helped him out.  So it happens more often than you think.  Nothing to be embarrassed about. I think it's better to bring a friend and visit the store. Because you can see the products in person and they can match you better.  Certainly it's helpful when people share their recommendations and brands that they like online, but when it comes to finding the right shade/colors, in photos, it's hard to match for foundation and concealers, because even between pictures, the same person can look differently due to lighting, etc.   I like the idea of calling ahead.  Good luck!  Have fun!

Re: Afraid to go into store to ask for help for make for coverage for Acne/scars

@Anonymous If you are truly thinking about going to the cosmetics counter, then I think you should bring a friend for support.  Also, you may want to go to a counter that has a man working at it so you may feel more comfortable.  You could browse around and see what men are working, or call the store.  Also, a good time to go can  be in the morning right after the store opens because it's quieter and there's less people around.  You will get more attention that is personalized from the SA.  Good luck!

Hi MakeUpforAcne, 

From a cosmetics standpoint, I'd definitely start off with a good primer - these can really help even out and blur the skin, prior to applying any concealer/foundation. 

A great option to try would be Benefit Cosmetic's The POREfessional Face Primer as it really smooths everything out 🙂

Bisous, 

Sian

Try the 'Amazing Cosmetics' concealer to cover acne and acne scars. You would be fine with the travel sized tube because you literally only need a pin drop amount. It's absolutely full coverage and super easy to blend and covers acne and scars, broken capillaries and any other skin imperfections like a dream - even on bare skin. I've tried many, many concealers over 20+ years of skin struggles and nothing compares to this. The key is getting the right skin colour match, however there are tons of swatches and guides available online. I'd say you might be Medium Beige or Medium Golden. fyi. Medium beige is their most popular/universal 'medium skin tone' shade. 

Bump

Bump!

Hi @Anonymous! I was and still am very acne prone but my skin has changed for the better after incorporating a skincare routine. I know you're looking for coverage right now but consider a skincare routine or an alteration of it if you already have one! 🙂

I feel like spot concealing would give you the most natural effect, without wearing foundation all over. For spot concealing, I recommend NARS soft matte concealer because it has a pretty natural finish and staying power even without setting powder. Based on your description, your shade will most likely be Custard (yellow undertone, light to medium complexion) or Ginger (yellow, medium complexion). 

If you find that you're having a hard time blending the concealer seamlessly, I suggest using a light coverage all over base, like a BB cream, and then spot conceal. 

Anonymous Insider

Yes, I need to update my skin care routine

Would the NARS soft matte concealer be good for my oily acne prone skin? I might sweat as well due to the weather being very hot!

Do you have any suggestions for BB Cream? 

Thank you!

i think a bb cream would be a very natural solution for your problem.  Have you heard of LAB Series?  My husband wears it when he breaks out and it's very very natural looking.  It says men on the bottle so it was easy to convince him it was okay to wear;) http://m.labseries.com/product/14983/19621/spf/bb-tinted-moisturizer-broad-spectrum-spf-35

First aid beauty has peel pads that will help keep your dead skin cells slothed to prevent clogged pores.  I also suggest a vitamin c serum daily in order to help fade that scarring.  With continued use you should notice some good results. 

Anonymous Insider

Haha! 

I never heard of any type of BB Cream. I'm a complete beginner when it comes to makeup /BB Cream !

I'll look into that

Thank you !!

Is the first aid beauty for the removal? 

I was also told to use a vitamin c serum daily the KLAIRS Freshly Juiced Vitamin C Serum

Would you recommend me some aswell please and thank you!

I second (or third?) the BB cream suggestion @Anonymous

It will keep it light and blurring without looking like makeup. Even better, get something with SPF in it so protect your skin. You may feel more comfortable with the concept that "I buy tinted SUNSCREEN for added protection", not that there is anything wrong with either!!

In fact, that may make you feel better knowing that you can walk into a Sephora and ask for a tinted sunscreen option, and they will be so happy to help you out. 

No problem.  We were all beginners once;).

The fab radiance peel pads are meant to be used after washing your face. They gently exfoliate while delivering a light dose of acid to help break down dead skin cells.  You don't rinse the solution off.:). 

klairs is a great brand!  You don't need an expensive vitamin c serum.  What to look for is opaque packaging as sunlight will break down vitamin c and it won't be as effective.  

My favourite is Ole Hendriksen Truth serum.  

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos4
  • Skintone.png
  • Skintone2.png
  • Skintone4.png
  • skintone3.png
testing