Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Acne

Hi Girls I need your help I have a severe acne and I have tried so many products and it seems to not work please can you help me find the right product that I can use thank you 

Re: Acne

Hi @deana1966 !  Do you know which type of acne you have? Some types, like cystic acne, don’t respond well to the usual OTC ingredients/products and are best treated with a doctor’s help. Also, there are some skin conditions that mimic acne. 

Have you already tried products containing these ingredients? 

• Salicylic acid/BHA (2% strength is plenty enough for many folks; Paula's Choice has leave-on BHA products at 2%, 4%, and 9%) 
  • Benzoyl peroxide 
  • Adapalene (a retinoid you can buy over-the-counter as Differin Gel, La Roche-Posay Effaclar Adapalene, etc.) 
  • Azelaic acid (available OTC at 10% strength, but it's really prescription strength 15-20% that's been shown effective for acne) 
  • Sulfur 

If products with those ingredients didn’t help, then it’s time to see a board certified dermatologist or other doctor to get your skin diagnosed. Treatment could include oral meds, a prescription retinoid, cortisone injection, etc., depending on your diagnosis. 
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing