Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Acne

I’m a mom and I tend to have my days where I don’t feel my best. Recently I’ve had a major breakout! I feel confident, but it still gets to me. It’s a love/ hate thing. I struggled with acne as a young girl. I started laser treatment and it got better. Fast forward to now and it is back! I’ve tried everything. I’m currently trying out tatcha products, and I don’t know if it’s working. I’ve tried aloe Vera gel as well. I currently stumbled across turmeric oil and I’m giving that a go as well. I classify my sling as combination skin. It is sometimes oily and sometimes dry. There is no in between when it comes to my skin. I am tired of trying to find something that can help me balance my skin. The acne has become painful. It is small red bumps all over my nose region. If anyone has any tips or product recommendations that would be great! 

Tags:

Re: Acne

I also get random break out here and there but recently I have been using the soy face wash from fresh and my skin has never looked better! Break outs are minimal and I have really sensitive skin and it has really helped with redness and any dry patches as well! Just always make sure to use a moisturizer after washing! Hope this helps 😊🫶 

If you haven't already, @leahASz I'd highly recommend getting your skin evaluated by a dermatologist to find the best path of treatment. That aside, I'm a big believer in being as gentle as possible to treat acne. In the mornings, just rinse with water, use a light moisturizer, and sunscreen as needed. In the evening, an oil cleanser to remove makeup and sunscreen, a water-based cleanser to cleanse the skin, two or three nights a week a BHA treatment to target the breakouts, then a moisturizer to wrap it up. 

The skin type that you have in combination skin, so oily and dry. I have the same skin type and have suffered with acne my whole life but recently I started skin cycling. This is when you have 4 different night of skin care. Night 1 is exfoliation night, so you use exfoliating products. Night 2 is retinol night, so products that contain retinol. Night 3 is recovery night #1 and night 4 is recovery night #2. I recently started skin cycling and have seen a huge improvement in my acne. How it works it that you rotate them. So what every day you start skin cycling on you will do Night 1 - exfoliation night. Lets say you start on a Monday, you will do night 1 Monday night, night 2 Tuesday night, night 3 Wednesday night and night 4 Thursday night, then you start the order all over agin so Friday night is night 1, Saturday night is night 2 , and so on. Every day in the morning you will not wash you face you will use a facial mist and an eye cream. The products I use are the Superfood Antioxidant Cleanser - Youth To The People every night to wash my face, and the Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm - Farmacy when I am wearing a full face of makeup, before I cleanse my face. Every morning I will use the Beauty Elixir Face Mist - Caudalieand and then the Caffeine Eye Cream - The INKEY List. On night 1, exfoliation night I will use my every day cleanser, the Deep Sweep 2% BHA Pore Cleaning Toner with Moringa + Papaya - Farmacy, then the Strawberry Smooth BHA + AHA Salicylic Acid Serum - Glow Recipe, then the Plum Plump Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer - Glow Recipe. On night 2, retinol night I will use my every day cleanser, then the SuperSolutions 1% Retinol Serum - The INKEY List, then the Hydra Vizor Invisible Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 - Fenty Skin. On night 3, recovery night #1, I wash my face with the very day cleanser, then I use the Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer - LANEIGE, then the Honey Savior All-in-One Skin Repair Salve - Farmacy, then the Plum Plump Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizer - Glow Recipe. On night 4, recovery night #2, I wash my face wit my every day cleanser then I I use tCream Skin Toner & Moisturizer - LANEIGE, then I use the Honey Savior All-in-One Skin Repair Salve - Farmacy, then I use the Hydra Vizor Invisible Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 - Fenty Skin. Just remember that in the morning you don’t wash your face, you just use the facial mist and eye cream. I would also recommend that you use the eye cream every day as your last step in the routine. I hope this answers your question.  

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing