Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Acne

Hi everyone! I normally have pretty good skin and don't get bad acne. However I noticed that I've been getting a lot of acne on my lower cheeks. I use a cleanser every night but I'm not sure what else to do. I'm thinking that it may have something to do with my face mask since I use it everyday for 9 hours (work) and am constantly talking. Anyways, if you have any recommendations please help me! Thank you so much!!

Re: Acne

@islamc If it's just a few pimples, I might consider a good spot treatment like CLINIQUE Acne Solutions™ Clinical Clearing Gel 1 oz/ 30 mL but if it's more widespread, you might want a leave-on BHA (salicylic acid) treatment like Paula's Choice BHA or SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads. If you do choose a leave-on treatment though, I'd also highly recommend using a moisturizer daily so you don't dry out your skin. 

I really like Kate Somerville EradiKate 1 oz/ 30 mL and Peace Out Salicylic Acid Acne Healing Dots 20 Acne Healing Dots. However, I ended up asking my dermatologist about mask acne while I was in for a different issue, and she prescribed clindamycin and a retinoid, which have definitely cleared my skin faster than anything I've ever tried from Sephora or the drugstore. If seeing a dermatologist is an option for you, I'd recommend it. Otherwise, a good exfoliating product might also help for prevention. 

Oh my! I've been having the same issue! I have typically good skin, normal but on the dry side of normal. Recently I've been getting acne on the lower part of my cheeks as well. 

Hi @islamc ! Do you know your skin type? What products are you using?

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing