Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Acne

Hey everyone it’s been a year m struggling with acne I have tried so many different things!! Is there anything which can help me out with my acne. My skin is also dry but having acne! Idk what to do 😣😣 fresh Soy Makeup Removing Face Wash 

Re: Acne

Hi @Preet09 ! Have you already tried products that contain salicylic acid (BHA), benzoyl peroxide, or sulfur, and did you give them at least 3-4 weeks to work? If yes, then consider one or both of these options: 

1. Try a retinoid. Over-the-counter retinol can help with acne, but adapalene may be more effective. Adapalene is available OTC as Differin and La Roche-Posay Effaclar. Whether you choose adapalene, retinol, or a different retinoid, start slowly: use it just once a week for a few weeks, then increase usage to twice a week for a few weeks, and keep gradually increasing usage til you're at daily or every-other-day frequency. This lets your skin build tolerance and reduces irritation. You can also apply it over your moisturizer to further reduce irritation. And don't be alarmed if you see lots of new acne within the first month of use: that's the retinoid evicting acne-causing crud from your skin. 

2. See a dermatologist. A derm can diagnose your skin and recommend treatment, which might include a prescription-only product. In fact, a derm might recommend Rx-strength adapalene or tretinoin (another retinoid, but this one's only available by Rx), or something even stronger, depending on your diagnosis. You could see an esthetician instead, but estheticians typically aren't medical doctors who can diagnose conditions (at least not in the US) and prescribe treatments. Another option is your primary care physician, who can also diagnose and prescribe treatments or refer you to a board certified dermatologist. 

Hope you find a best-for-you solution! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors