Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Acne!

Was wondering if anyone has used the ordinary products to clear up your face? And if so could someone help me pick some products to get! Thanks! 

Re: Acne!

Yes- I have sensitive skin (very pale) and acne causes me to look red with dry skin. So far this has worked for me greatly:

Morning Routine: FAB Pure Skin Face Cleanser (mini is $11), The Ordinary Toner ($8.70), and Niacinamide ($5.90)- now the Niacinamide feels like I'm lathering soap on but it dries quickly and it doesn't feel heavy or soapy afterward. I kind of used it as a base primer in a way. Please don't put this under your eyes though. However, within the last week I've swapped the Niacinamide out for The Ordinary Argireline Solution ($7.90) since I'm focusing on fine lines as my acne is now under control.

Night Routine: Proactiv Deep Cleansing Wash ($35.00- it lasts forever) or FAB Pure Skin Face Cleanser again. I rotate between these two every other night. The Ordinary Toner again (it helps pull off any left overs from my makeup that a cleanser may not always pick up and grab), and then my favorite product The Ordinary Mandelic Acid ($6.80). The Mandelic Acid has made the most difference honestly. My acne cleared up within two or three days the moment I started using it. 

Things I personally didn't like: The AHA/BHA Peeling Solution (it didn't do anything for me) and the Azelaic Acid Suspension (it felt like I was rubbing oil on my face).

I hope this helps some. 🙂

The glycolic toning solution has been amazing for cell turnover! I get a lot of hyperpigmentation after my acne heals and it lightens quickly. Also has helped with my oil control 

I use the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% and i’ve seen some improvements ! 🙂

I have personally seen improvements in my skin and acne using The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  and The Ordinary Mandelic Acid 10% + HA 1 oz/ 30 mL but your results may vary depending on your skin type, the products you already use, and if you have any sensitivities to specific ingredients.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing