Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Acne

Does anyone have any suggestions for acne prone skin? cleansers, toners, moisturizers, masks, spot treatments? I am just fed up with having acne and I want it gone!!!

Re: Acne

I use Bahi

trinafiebig wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions for acne prone skin? cleansers, toners, moisturizers, masks, spot treatments? I am just fed up with having acne and I want it gone!!!

RE: Acne

Boscia Clear Complexion Cleanser. It's nondrying, all natural, and helps with mild acne. Very gentle. I also use Esteè Lauder Day Cream-Dry because I have dry skin, but they make that moisturizer for other skin types too. Its so comfortable and smells yummy. I also have medications prescribed by my dermatologist.

Re: RE: Acne

Thank you 

IMG_4075.PNG

Hi!..... you SHOULD really try Accutane, which is prescribed by your dermatologist! I'be suffered with acne since the age of 14 I'm now 27 and NOTHING has really worked permanently except Accutane. I STRONGLY recommend it! Inquire with your Dermo. 

You should try Tarte's Rainforest By The Sea Hydration Vacation facial cleanser. About 2-3 pumps of it covers the whole face and it's quick and easy. I use it most of the time and my acne never has a chance to show up again. I also recommend the glamglow mask which does wonders.

Been there done that UGH I've been through this many times, trial & error of what's working, what's not. Here's what I find helps: 1. Wash face; Neutrogena Facial Wipes, Micellar Water to wipe off excess makeup, coconut oil only to take off eye makeup, Tea Tree Acne Facial Wash by Body shop to wash face w/ Clarisonic Mia 2. 2. *If using masks; GlamGlow Supermud treatment mask, Dr. Brandt clear skin sheet masks, Caudalie Instant Detox Mask are my ULTIMATE FAV for acne-prone skin. 3. Use toners; Fade Acne Scars Toner by Neutrogena (orange bottle), Mario Badescu sprays in green and pink bottle, Glycolic Acid toner from Mario Badescu. 4. Serums; Look up The Ordinary serums (cheap AF and work sooo good. Wayne Goss MUA swears by them). Sacylic acid serum (clears acne), Niacinamide + Zinc Serum (reduces oil production), Retinol Serum (fills in textured skin to smooth skin), Caffeine Solution Serum (de-puffs eyes & rids dark circles). 5. Moisturizers; Murad Matte moisturizer works wonders, Alba Botanica Hawaiian oil-free moisturizer with aloe & green tea (calms redness and Acne flare-ups). 6. Spot Treatments; Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, Murad Acne Spot Treatment tube, Tea Tree Oil over area. Benzoyl Peroxide Tube to put on areas as well. Hope some of these products can help you achieve some clear skin. All skin is different so trial & error is your best solution. Hope this can help!!
Anonymous Insider

I recently found out how well apricot scrubs work.

Anonymous Insider

Oh girl, I totally get where you're coming from!! I've dealt with some hormonal issues for a while now and it's about on my last nerve! I had to change my entire cleansing and foundation routine! It's now under control, thank goodness! Ok so, A dermatologist suggested I use Cetaphil for only skin (which I have) but the brand, for cleansing. I use Differin which prevents breakouts at night and I also use the Differin moisturizer which works great on my skin. I use Maybelline Fit Me foundation and concealer which is suggested for acne prone skin. I use minimal powder in the T-zone, Bye Bye pores by IT Cosmetics. I have done a ton of research on this and have found the holy grail. Best of luck!
Anonymous Insider

african black soap from shea moisture helped alot with my acne. it is natural and organic.

Soy cleanser in the Fresh brand.

I saw the best results with Paula's Choice Clear regimen: 2% BHA toner + 2.5% benzoyl peroxide gel used all over the face daily as a preventative. She often has 20% off deals and free shipping/no tax. Also, Differin is an OTC retinoid you can get at the drugstore that is great for cystic acne but it takes a few months of purging/peeling to see results.

I'm using  Retinol the brand is Neutrogena it's really good!! 

Hi!
What has worked wonders for me are products by Kate Sommerville! I've tried a handful. Let me know if you have any questions!

I have started using the Pixi Glow Tonic toner and let me tell you it works wonders on my oily and acne covered skin. Try that and see if it helps!!

omg i know this is nothing  sephora related but i love LUSH products... herbalism, ocean salt, tea tree toner, and from my dermatologist Epi-Forte( this has helped with little bumps and black head stuck under my skin)

Im obsessed with the Kate Somerville EradiKate Foaming Daily Cleanser. It has worked wonders for me

Lush Tea Tree Water is an amazing toner, it helps with any existing breakouts they literally feel 60% better the next day. Also I been using Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser it's been wonderful!! It controls the oils on my skin. You can also use tea tree oil as a spot treatment, and zinc supplements helps!

I love Murad and Clinique.

Clinique Acne Solutions Acne + Line Correcting Serum was a lifesaverfor me ( http://www.sephora.com/acne-solutions-acne-line-correcting-serum-P407040?skuId=1802321&icid2=product...  )

When I search for a product, I try to get a product with high % of Salicylic Acid.

My 14 year-old daughter is having great results using a combination of salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide.  She's currently using a regimen with Clinique's Acne line.

1 - Any gentle cleanser (like Cetaphil)

2 - Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion

3 - Acne Solutions All-Over Clearing Treatment 

4 - PTR Ultra-Lite Moisturizer 

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • IMG_4075.PNG
testing