Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Acne scars

What do y'all recommend for acne scars? How to cover, fade, tips/tricks? 🙂 

RE: Acne scars

Hi @Candy324. As the other poster mentioned, Vitamin C works great. Also, niacinamide, glycolic acid, azaleic acid, and retinoids can help. The Ordinary makes great products for all of the above that are also inexpensive. I use their Niacinamde and am on a prescription-strength retinoid and azaleic acid.
Anonymous Insider

Re: Acne scars

The miraculous All Purpose Hydroquinone Cream! 🙂 When my acne goes away but the scars stay, I apply it once daily.

Anonymous Insider

Acne scars

the ordinary-rose hip oil!!

Re: Acne scars

If you are just looking to fade scars I would recommend mederma which is a scar healing gel that you can find at the drugstore. If you are looking into more skincare related products try something with vitamin c like the drunk elephant c-firma day serum or the ordinary vitamin c suspension or something from the murad essential-c range. Another option would be to go for lactic acid. I use good genes from Sunday Riley(get it in a kit, the full size is $115) or you could try something from the ordinary or ren or the drunk elephant t.l.c. framboos night serum. Drunk elephant has lots of kits so you can find both serums in smaller sizes. If you want something specifically labeled for fading scars try Kiehl's clearly corrective line.  If you want to use makeup then try a glowy foundation and only put concealer on the scars where you need it. This will make it look like you are wearing less makeup. Lightweight full-coverage concealers like ones from Nars, Benefit, or tarte are good ones to look at. Hope that helps!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing