Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Acne scars - nothing is helping

Hi team,

Please help me.

I have post inflammatory acne scars and uneven skin tone. (major concern is the scars)

my current routine:

Cerave hydrating cleanser

Ordinary hyaluronic acid

Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Dark Spot Serum

CeraVe eye cream

Cerave moisturizer

Supergoop suncreen.

Same in the night except the sunscreen.

I have done this for two months. See the results - I don't see much difference.

Please see the attached pics.

Things I have in storage (hopefully you can suggest something in this list):

InkeyList Vitamin C serum

InkeyList Eye Cream

ordinary niacinamide
cerave resurfacing retinol serum
ordinary aha bha peel

Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 8.22.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-26 at 8.23.23 PM.png

Re: Acne scars - nothing is helping

@NehaTakesCare the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Dark Spot Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL doesn't really seem to have a strong active to help diminish dark spots which is why you might not be seeing results. I would suggest switching that out for the Vitamin C in the morning. Keep using that one at night and slowly incorporate the retinol serum 1-2 times a week. Retinol can be sensitizing so build up slowly to however many days your skin can tolerate and definitely don't forget AHA. In between the retinol days, 1x a week try the The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL . The peeling solution is pretty strong so test a patch on your skin first if you're not used to AHAs and BHAs. Don't overload your skin by trying too many things at once. Hopefully using some more actives will help with your concerns. 

Hello! Previously I tried the Ordinary Niacinamide serum to reduce pimples and inflammation, but I tried it for a long time and didn't see any results. However, I was recommended to try Paula's Choice and it has been my go-to when dealing with anything acne-related. Hop on their site and take a quick quiz, they will help target your problems like controlling acne and dark spots, etc, and recommend which product to use. 

@NehaTakesCare 

I'm glad you have hydrating cleanser, often with acne the ingredients can be harsh and then cause more acne.  Have you considered using an acne serum or a serum with salicylic acid?  I'm a fan of Peace Out Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL .  I also like Hyper Skin Mini Brightening Dark Spot Vitamin C Serum 0.5 oz/ 15 mL , The Ordinary Azelaic Acid 10% Suspension Brightening Cream   andThe Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum  .  The latter can interact and pill, but I find the combo of that and zinc effective.

I've also tried the The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Exfoliating Peeling Solution 1 oz/ 30 mL .  I go back and forth between that and Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel Pads 

The azelaic acid and hyper serum would do well with dark spots.  Anything with vitamin C can be helpful, as it's likely to brighten/reduce the darkness.  Salicylic acid is an exfoliator, so that will help with cell turnover.  Niacinamide can be good for brightening and oil control.

The AHA/BHA peel is wonderful, but I'd test it out lightly, do a patch test and then work it into your routine slowly, maybe 1x week and definitely use your sunscreen.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos2
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 8.23.23 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 8.22.36 PM.png
testing