Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Acne/scaring (cheeks and chin)

Hiiii Sephora Community!

I'm hoping some of you can help me out;)

I'm 16y/o and I get acne around my chin and on my cheeks. My skin type is oily at times but dry around the edges of my nose and mouth and everywhere in the transition of seasons. (Skin colour - medium light, I am European and South-east Asian)

Looking for products to get rid of scaring as it is an insecurity!! as well and possible tone done the amount of pimples I get.

I currently am using the La Roche Posey cleaners and cream, seem to be helping more than my old cleanser and cream. 

Re: Acne/scaring (cheeks and chin)

Which specific LRP cleanser and moisturizer are you using? If they are gentle ones, you can add in a BHA serum to help with the acne. CosRx had a gentle one if you are new to chemical exfoliants. Or you might check out Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant 4 oz/ 118 mL or SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads 

For the scarring, are the discolorations or textural scars?

Are you also using sunscreen when you're outside, @AnastaciaT?

My cleanse is the regular one for all skin types (its white) and I also use the efficlare gel ones sometimes (for oily skin)

Also I've heard so many things about Paulas Choice...some good and some not so good so I am kinda iffy

The scars are discolouration, my skin doesn't carry a lot of texture.

@AnastaciaT Sounds good. If you're happy with your cleanser and moisturizer then I'd work on adding a sunscreen for when you're out and about and also a BHA/salicylic acid serum. The Paula's Choice is just one option that plenty of people have had good luck with. I actually preferred the Sephora Collection pads a bit as far as effectiveness for my skin. 

For helping with the scarring, a good vitamin C (ascorbic acid) serum can really reduce discolorations. I'd recommend working that in your morning routine so cleanse-vitamin C (every other day)-moisturize-sunscreen. And then at night using the BHA maybe 2 or 3 times a week in between cleansing and moisturizing. 

Hey! OMG, I can totally relate to your problem. 

Try investing in a toner to use after cleansing your face, it'll help clean your pores even more and get rid of scarring. 

also, anything with glycolic acid will help! 

Thanks babe<333

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing