Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Acne / pimples or is it scars ? I don't know

I have a problem I'm a guy so it might not know much about skincare but after I pop pimples it turns red but then after a few days the same area that I popped my pimple is a darker tone skin from my original skin how do I solve this

You know you should not be popping it :smileywink:.  The...

You know you should not be popping it Smiley Wink.  The darker skin tone you are refering to is hyperpigmentation.  This is usually caused by some sort of trauma done to the skin( in your case it would be popping that pimple).  What you really need to do is to try to have a daily skincare regimen to follow.  I am not sure of what kind of skin you have, but if it is very oily or acne prone, try to incorporate a good facial cleanser which contains salicylic acid and also one with glycolic acid(use GA only 2-3 times a week and not on skin with open sores, or raw irritated skin).  Try an acne spot treament too.  Some people like benzoyl peroxide, but it may be too drying.  If so, there is salicylic acid, sulfur, just to name a couple others.  As for the hyperpigmentation( post acne)  Vitamin C works well.   The key is to try to prevent the acne or pimple from forming.  Easier said than done I knowSmiley Sad

Also remember all skin types benefit from a good moisturizer and/or sunscreen. Oil-free one may suit your skin the best.

To reduce the number of spots that you have to treat, you...

To reduce the number of spots that you have to treat, you should go on a good acne treatment regimen. Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Kit contains cleanser, clarifying lotion and a moisturizer. I use Murad Acne Spot treatment on pimples to dry them up quickly, this seems to lessen the spot afterwards as inflammation is the culprit in causing hyperpigmentation. Clinique Acne Solutions Post Blemish Formula reduces the hyperpigmentation you get after a pimple. 

Hope this helps!

Well usually a pimple can be felt as well... a pimple on...

Well usually a pimple can be felt as well... a pimple on your face. A scar will look like well... a scar. Try not to pop your pimples and continue washing your face regularly. If nothing seems to be working, try using Neutrogena products as they are chosen by Dermatologists. If your problem with acne continues or worsens visit a Dermatologist who can look and your skin and decide what treatment, if any, that you need. 

First of all, DO NOT POP YOUR PIMPLES!!!! It'll only make...

First of all, DO NOT POP YOUR PIMPLES!!!! It'll only make the pimple worse, and it can leave a very unattractive scar. So if you didnt pop your pimple in the first place, there wouldn't be acne scars.

murad makes a great product called post acne scar treatme...

murad makes a great product called post acne scar treatment and i think  it works pretty well.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors