Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Acne Scars

Hello everyone. I been dealing with acne scars since i was in high school, i’m about to turn 21 this year and I hardly break out now but I still deal with the scars hence I still haven’t found a way to fade them. My skin is oily. ALL and any suggestions and recommendations are welcomed. Thank you guys in advance. it’s one my biggest insecurities 

Re: Acne Scars

Hi! I would recommend looking for products with ingredients such as azelaic acid, kojic acid, alpha arbutin, vitamin c, or tranexamic acid. The Ordinary and Paula’s Choice have some great options. I personally use the Paula’s choice 10% Azelaic Acid and I’ve been loving it. Quick tip: When trying to fade hyperpigmentation, make sure to use SPF! The sun can make the acne scars worse. 

Re: Acne Scars

27yrs old - I didn’t start dealing with acne scars until 2 years ago. I started getting painful inflamed acne due to a new allergy that developed. Whether I left them alone or had them medically treated, they all left marks on my face. Now that I’ve identified the allergen and stay away from it, I don’t get acne anymore from it but my cheeks, chin, and jaw are covered in dark marks and scars. What has helped me so far (and was recommended by my medical aesthetician) is The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2% 1 oz/ 30 mL and (not from Sephora) Avene Cicalfate Scar cream. Both are worth the money and last a long time. Proper moisturizing of your skin levels is important as well. I’ve seen significant improvement adding those to my regimen. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing