Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Acne Scars

What's the best way to get rid of acne scars and create even skin tone? I just have a few scars on my face that are hard to cover up with makeup. I'm currently trying Bio Oil but not seeing too much of a difference.

Unfortunately, post acne marks can be even tougher than t...

Unfortunately, post acne marks can be even tougher than the acne itself to get rid of or hide. While the best solution is going to be to see a dermatologist for laser or chemical peels, for those of us without deep pockets, that may not be a viable option. While the results may not be as dramatic or quick as an in office peel, there are several over the counter peels available. I have tried the Brazilian peel that comes in the nifty tube that looks more like a junkie's hypodermic needle than a beauty product. Don't let the packaging fool you, it really does make a difference. I also like Dr. Dennis Gross alpha beta daily face peel two step system. Do NOT use it every day regardless of what the label says, unless you would like to end up with skin flaking a snake shedding it's skin. I use one of these peels (or something similar) only once every other week. In between peels, I use Philosophy's microdelivery exfoliating cloths every couple of days with my regular cleanser. Good exfoliation will help get rid of the layers of dead skin containing those pesky post acne marks. Just don't exfoliate so hard or often that you irritate your skin. If you find your skin becoming too red, flaky, or irritated, back off some and allow your skin time to recharge it's moisture.

Aside from routine exfoliation, I have found that Shisedo's White Lucent Intensive Spot Targeting Serum followed by their White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing Emulsion really help to lighten up any spots with daily use. To cover up those spots until they disappear, I really like Amazing Cosmetics concealer.  Don't let the price deter you - I bought the smaller size and it has lasted over a year and a half. It comes in a squeeze tube, but I squeezed all the concealer out into a small plastic tub that previously contained lipgloss and apply it with a small concealer brush. This method makes the concealer last much longer because you're not wasting half of it on your fingertips (which I'm assuming do not need concealer, unless perhaps you plan to rob a bank to pay for all these beauty products and do not wish to leave fingerprints). Note to all - this is not a suggestion! Really, what good would all of those fantastic beauty products do for you if you have only an orange jumpsuit to wear them with?

Try using BioOil, it really works. (:

Try using BioOil, it really works. (:

Clinique Even Better Clinical. One pump all over your fac...

Clinique Even Better Clinical. One pump all over your face after washing your face and before moisturizer, twice a day. Takes 4 weeks to begin seeing results, full results will show in 12. I've been using this product and it ROCKS! My face doesn't look as blotchy, it's brighter, and the scars of acne past are GONE! Love it 🙂

Re: Clinique Even Better Clinical. One pump all over your fac...

I have a lot of scarring and redness from acne and Clinique Even Better Clinical is helping me a lot (and I have really sensitive skin because I'm still using cleanser with glycolic acid and a prescription treatment that has who knows what in it). I used the Even Better serum before they came out with the upgraded Clinical and saw results even with it! I think it's an amazing product and I'm an ex-Clinique counter manager, and I use other brands besides Clinique now, of course, but that's one of the products that I can't live without! Also stay out of the sun! Always use sunscreen of at least 15!

Bio oil isnt going to work. Alot of people, and I once th...

JennaBritt wrote:

What's the best way to get rid of acne scars and create even skin tone? I just have a few scars on my face that are hard to cover up with makeup. I'm currently trying Bio Oil but not seeing too much of a difference.

Bio oil isnt going to work. Alot of people, and I once thought that anything that had vitamin E in it will help even out my skin tone and get rid of acne marks. The vitamin E doesnt help it acne marks but it does help keep the skin smooth. If you want to go to a Dermatologist then youll end up getting Tri-Luma which will lighten the skin.

I had acne scars that I thought would never let up. They...

I had acne scars that I thought would never let up. They weren't super dark, but were very stubborn. I tried Murad post acne gel, lemon, Juice Beauty products and endless others. At night I added Ole Henriksen Invigorating Night Gel and that smoothed my skin for the next morning. It was like waking up to a face that had a fine grit sandpaper ran across it. Hopefully that makes sense. Then in the morning I would use Murad active radiance serum. This was received as a beauty challenge reward and this stuff is AMAZING!! Within 1 week of using it my face was brighter and scars were lighter. It's a little pricey so I'd say try a sample (hopefully they'll give you 2). Within a week of trying you'll definitely see a difference. Hope this helps.

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing