Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Acne SOS

I need help finding a new skincare regimen. I'm 29 and have both hormonal and stress-induced acne, as well as hyperpigmentation from prior medication use. I have combination and sensitive skin and prefer to use unscented products. I've tried everything short of Accutane and haven't seen permanent (or promising) results.

I'm currently using Cetaphil face wash and moisturizer, and sunscreen (always). I've been trying Kate Somerville's Clarifying Treatment Toner as a daily preventative and EradiKate Acne Treatment as a spot treatment. I've also tried The Ordinary's Niacinamide and Salicylic Acid Solutions, but don't feel that they're working. 

I'm willing to pay more for a skincare line that actually works. Please help!

Thank you!!

Re: Acne SOS

@kotlarski 

Sorry to hear you haven't found products that have worked for you. I see you mentioned Kate Somerville. That is usually my go-to line for my breakouts as well. I like to cleanse my face every morning with the Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Daily Cleanser with Sulfur Acne Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mLand then I do the acne treatment (that you already own) at night and have been successful with that duo. She also has a product I have yet to try but am going to possibly pick up during the next sale. It's supposed to help clear out skin as well and the reviews sound very promising. It's the Kate Somerville Anti Bac Acne Clearing Lotion 1.7 oz

On top of using the KS line, I also use HUM NUTRITION - Daily Cleanse Clear Skin and Body Detox Supplementon a daily basis and have seen a major improvement in my breakouts since I started these about a year ago. You can buy these here or you can get them from the direct site for a cheaper price if you opt in for a monthly subscription.

Thank you!

Daily Cleanse is wonderful for this! It cleanses from the inside out! ❤️

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing