Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Acne Prone & Oily Skin

hey insiders 👋🏼 was wondering if anyone can give me any tips or product suggestions to help with my acne-prone and oily skin. i’ve been breaking out a bit recently and some are cysts and i was wondering if anyone can give me any advice on it. also! if there’s a great way to get rid of stubborn blackheads, let me know too!

Re: Acne Prone & Oily Skin

thank you!! you seem so knowledgeable about this, i will definitely be taking your advice and trying out some of these products!

What products are you currently using in your routine, @RonTaylor or are you looking to build a routine from scratch?

i am currently using youth to people’s supergreens cleanser, hanskin essense toner and fenty beauty’s hydro visor moisturizer 

It looks like you're off to a good start, @RonTaylor. I'd recommend adding in a good sunscreen before you get to treatments so you can keep your skin protected. You may want to check out COOLA Mineral Sun Silk Crème SPF 30 1.5 oz/ 44 mL MDSolarSciences Mineral Crème Broad Spectrum SPF 50 UVA-UVB Sunscreen 4 oz/ 113 g or Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ 

Once you have that in place, a good ingredient to start with in battling acne is BHA/salicylic acid. There are lots of popular products of various strengths depending on your skin's needs- CosRx BHA Blackhead, Paula's Choice Mini Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant 1 oz/ 30 mLSEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing