Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Accutane recommendations for naturally dry skin

Anyone have any recommendations while on Accutane for naturally dry, sensitive skin? Thank you for your help!! 

Re: Accutane recommendations for naturally dry skin

@ktmeeg I used Accutane many years ago.  One thing I remember is that my lips were very dry.  I recommend you use a lip sleeping mask.  LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Vanilla is very good but SEPHORA COLLECTION Lip Sleeping Mask Vanilla is just as good at a great price.

Also find a  good cream as your feet will dry out.  Accutane cleared out my acne ,   there are side effects but the results are worth it.

Thank you so much! Going to look into these!! 
Recently started & quickly learning that my lips need more than just Vaseline every 20 mins lol. 

@ktmeeg   I looked up Accutane and general acne care recommendations yesterday. If you have naturally dry and sensitive skin, and then are taking Accutane to dry it out more, I would guess you need products that are not just gentle, but restorative.

When I tried a retinol product for the first time, without realizing that I had to wear sunscreen with it (I was on a trip and took trial size products of a line I hadn't tried before, to comply with airline regulations about size), I destroyed my facial skin. It was extremely red and sore. But my sister took me to the local Sephora, and the associate recommended I try Skinfix. I took her advice, and it was an absolute miracle cure for me. In about two days, my skin looked and felt comfortable again, with substantial improvement after two applications on the day I bought it.

On that basis, I'm suggesting that you give the Skinfix Barrier+ Besties Hydrating and Nourishing Kit a try. It includes trial sizes of cleanser, moisturizer, serum, and eye cream. The foaming oil facial cleanser, despite its name, is actually oil-free if you read the main product description.

Since acne care includes the removal of dead skin cells, i.e., exfoliating in some way, you could add one of their Resurface products to your routine down the road if the products in the kit suit your skin, or try swapping out your cleanser for the Skinfix Azelaic Acid BHA/AHA Cleanser 1 fl oz / 30 mL The pop-ups for Skinfix also indicate that they have an acne spot treatment, but that doesn't seem to be available on the Sephora Canada website.

Lastly, as I'm sure you know, Accutane users MUST wear sunscreen. I'm not seeing any SPF formulations by Skinfix, so I would suggest trying one of the Supergoop! (no relation to Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop) products. I very much like the physical sunscreen of Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++, and my thought is that a physical sunscreen might be more comfortable for your skin, rather than a heavy lotion containing sunscreen chemicals.

I hope this helps. Good luck! 💋

Have heard great things about skin fix. Always hesitated due to being so sensitive, so this is super helpful info! Thank you! 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing