Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

AHA/BHA products that play nice with benzoyl peroxide?

Hey! I've been using benzoyl peroxide for about 6 weeks now, and it's pretty much entirely gotten rid of my inflamed acne - however, I still have about 20-30 whiteheads/closed comedones at any time. Manual exfoliation doesn't help at all. I know AHAs and/or BHAs are considered to be the best ingredients for fighting closed comedones, and I want to incorporate some into my skincare routine, but I'm worried about causing dryness and irritation due to the benzoyl peroxide (at present I have very mild, almost unnoticeable dryness from the BP). Has anyone used AHA/BHA products in conjunction with BP? Any recommendations for ones that won't cause too much trouble?

Re: AHA/BHA products that play nice with benzoyl peroxide?

@R1l3y I use the Paula's Choice CLEAR acne line.  She has a BHA exfoliant and a benzoyl peroxide treatment that I use together.  It's not at Sephora, but is WELL worth a try.

https://www.paulaschoiceDOTcom/skin-concerns/acne

RE: AHA/BHA products that play nice with benzoyl peroxide?

Yep! I use the revolution skincare lactic acid + hyaluronic acid in the morning (even though it says to use at night) and my benzoyl peroxide in the evening. My skin hasn’t looked this good in a long time!
2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing