Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

ACNE !!

Ive struggled with acne for many years , bought almost eveey skincare regimen on Sephora and the only thing that has worked for me has been differin gel , which is a drugstore brand , its inexpeuand cost less than 20 dollars , made my face purge , BUT THE end result is worth it , saw results by third week and purging was done by the 1st week and a half ! I SWEAR BY DIFFERIN, it changed my life , now im on the hunt for a really good moisturizer for my dry skin , one thing for certain differin is drying so make sure to have a moisturized face before applying ! So that being said who knows a good moisturizer for dry skin ?:)

Re: ACNE !!

Peach and Lilys Matcha Pudding lotion!! Super hydrating and leaves skin feeling sooo soft:) Good for sensitive skin and doesn't clog pores.

I actually love Murad's skin perfecting lotion. I use a lot of peels and retinol creams and this makes sure my face never gets red or dry. I didn't really appreciate this lotion until I began looking for a new, less expensive one. I just didn't think it was doing much. But after getting a ton of different lotion samples at sephora and trying them all I realized that one of the reasons I was able to use so many acne products and have clear skin was because of this lotion. My skin never starts to peel now because of it. 

@scarface713I love the SEPHORA COLLECTION All Day Hydrator - Hydrate & Glow 1.69oz/ 50mL . It has hylaraunic acid, which draws moisture from the air to your skin! 🙂

RE: ACNE !!

I’m in the same boat...did you find something that works? I’m wondering if I can use the Drunk Elephant marula oil over differin

Hi! Where did you get Differin Gel?! Did you have to get a prescription for it?

Re: RE: ACNE !!

@MaryBridget34 If you're in the US, differin is now sold over the counter, so you can get it at places like Target or CVS. Not sure about availability in Canada though. 

RE: Re: RE: ACNE !!

Ahh bummer, I’m in Canada - looks like I can’t get it without a prescription! Thanks for your help though!

Amen sister. Differin which I’m assuming you’re using the Adapalene gel from them. Vitamin A can be drying but usually for a lot people the dryness subsides after you’re done with the purge phase. So you might still be in the purge phase of it. Adapalene can take 6 months to a year to appreciate the anti-aging and textural reducing benefits from it but stick with it! I work at Sephora and my favorite moisturizer rn is The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors moisturizer it’s dirt cheap and it doesn’t contain fruity extracts and unnecessary fragrance. It additionally has ceramides and hylaronic acid to help aide in hydration plus the texture is amazing.

Glow Recipe Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream might be a good bet - it has a lot of ingredients for helping your skin barrier (magnesium and potassium), calming ingredients (centella and tumeric) and then moisturizing ingredients (squalane and jojoba).

Otherwise Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL is another good nourishing moisturizer.

If you want an additional step there's a sample of LANEIGE Mini Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL available on sephora right now that should give you an extra level of moisture that'll sink in quick and you can layer underneath.

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing