Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

ACNE

My face has started breaking out horribly and I’ve tried EVERYTHING I’m not sure what else to do.... any opinions??
Anonymous Insider

Re: ACNE

I'd recommend looking for a foaming wash product for sensitive/oily/comb skin and a gel moisturizer, not a oil based. If your skin is dry then try to find a moisturizer that fits your skintype. Moisturizing is important so that your skin doesn't produce extra oil. You might want to try calming sheet masks as well. Xoxo

@OliveXoXo Use a gentle liquid cleanser, like FAB Face Cleanser.  BHA by Paula's Choice is great.  And spot-treat with a benzoyl peroxide product, like Persa-gel by Clean & Clear.  If you still need more help, you can try the OTC Differin, but I think Rx Differin would do you more good.  Best of luck!  🙂

It sounds like your skin may be confused, and need some time to reset @OliveXoXo

Using a plant based cleanser and moisturizer free of any alcohol or fragrance. Avoid chemicals for now such as AHA/BHA’s (no peels, no “brightening” products). Avoid toners, exfoliating products, and don’t scrub your skin. Avoid using makeup for now as well, as these products are typcially more triggering for stressed skin. Sticking with gentle products with minimal ingredients will be your best bet at helping your skin heal. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing