From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

Acne-Prone Skin

Acne-Prone Skin

• 97828 Members
  • 5529 Conversations
  • 250+ Photos

Share acne-fighting tips for all things involving active breakouts, scarring, and discoloration.

Share acne-fighting tips for all things involving active breakouts, scarring, and discoloration.

Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Reply in Acne-Prone Skin
Foundation / primer acne prone skin?
|
Re: Foundation / primer acne prone skin?
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Ohh I’ll check that out thank you!
Ohh I’ll check that out thank you!
oily/combo skin
|
Re: oily/combo skin
FRESH FACE I INSIDER
Reply: @Sofia192 Do you use waterproof mascara (and eyeliner if you use it)? If you don’t maybe try that, the essence lash princess one i ...read more
@Sofia192 Do you use waterproof mascara (and eyeliner if you use it)? If you don’t maybe try that, the essence lash princess one is pretty good in my opinion (the blue and black bottle is the waterproof one). And a waterproof eyeliner (if you use eyeliner) that i like is the L’Oreal infallible grip gel mechanical liner. Maybe try a different setting spray. The MILK MAKEUP Mini Pore Eclipse Mattifying + Blurring Transfer-Proof Setting Spray 1.3 oz / 40 ml (this is the smaller size in case you just wanted to test it out) and the Elf setting spray in the green bottle is pretty good as well.Spraying the setting spray first and then lightly setting your face with pressed powder is supposed to help your look last longer vs using setting spray after powder, so try that! Also, you could look into keeping blotting papers in your bag to soak up oil throughout the day. Palladio’s Rice Paper Facial Tissues are made of rice paper and are lightly powdered; they’re really good, you can get them on amazon and they’re pretty affordable.
New Post in Acne-Prone Skin
Almost out
  • 1000001748.jpg
my first sephora buy
|
Re: my first sephora buy
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: thank you, I did
thank you, I did
Recent images from this conversation
Test
IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Full Coverage Color Correcting Foundation with SPF 50+ Rich ...read more
IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Full Coverage Color Correcting Foundation with SPF 50+ Rich
Do you guys know if Supergoop! Glow Screen Is Acne Safe?
|
Re: Do you guys know if Supergoop! Glow Screen Is Acne Safe?
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: girl i have terrible acne skin as well, glowscreen is perfect for super dewy skin and is acne safe. but be warned, it rly has no c ...read more
girl i have terrible acne skin as well, glowscreen is perfect for super dewy skin and is acne safe. but be warned, it rly has no coverage.
Acne help
|
Re: Acne help
ICON I INSIDER
Reply: @mama003 Does your face get sweaty while you work? Sweat is sometimes a party zone for acne-causing bacteria that invade your por ...read more
@mama003 Does your face get sweaty while you work? Sweat is sometimes a party zone for acne-causing bacteria that invade your pores. During work, wipe your face periodically with a towel if you can. ASAP after work, wash your face with a gentle cleanser (consider a non-lathering cream cleanser like e.l.f. Pure Skin Cleanser or CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser) and apply a moisturizer while your skin’s damp, and/or sunscreen if the sun’s up after work. You could do this over a sink at work before you leave. If you don’t have time or energy for cleanser, then at least wipe your face with micellar water after work and follow with moisturizer and/or sunscreen. Does your Clean and Clear cleanser, or anything else in your skincare routine, contain 2% salicylic acid?
Acne safe products
|
Re: Acne safe products
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: I don't wear makeup very often so I don't know much about acne-safe brands/products, but there are sites you can google, to scan y ...read more
I don't wear makeup very often so I don't know much about acne-safe brands/products, but there are sites you can google, to scan your products and they will let you know if the are acne-safe. Just copy and paste the ingredients!
Best products for back acne
|
Re: Best products for back acne
NEWCOMER I INSIDER
Reply: Using the Ordinary glycolic acid on affected areas has helped me, typically after a shower! Another helpful tip is making sure tha ...read more
Using the Ordinary glycolic acid on affected areas has helped me, typically after a shower! Another helpful tip is making sure that when you're showering, you wash your back/body after you've rinsed the conditioner out of your hair. Hair conditioner can clog pores and cause acne to different areas like your back, if not washed off with soap.Another option is using the first aid beauty ingrown hair pads, the exfoliating products help. Don't use the ordinary product and this at the same time though, and irregardless of which you use, don't start off using them every day as you might irritate your skin.Something else I have heard, but never tried, was using African black soap (bar soap) to help with fighting acne in different areas, including the face, so that might be worth looking into!
Skin care
  • IMG_0273.jpeg
18,625 Posts