Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

12yr old skin

Hi what can my daughter use for her blackheads that won't hurt her skin?

Tags:

Re: 12yr old skin

Hi @ADGel ! I’m a teenager and I’ve dealt with all types of acne. I hope I can help you and your daughter!

For her skincare routine, keep it simple. Going in with lots of acne fighting, exfoliating product all at once can be really damaging and make her skin worse, so you’re totally right in saying that you don’t want to hurt her skin. I’d suggest using a gentle cleanser, like Cerave, which you can at the drugstore.

For blackheads, my favourite weekly treatment is Proactiv Blackhead Dissolving Gel , but I’d also recommend the Paula’s Choice Solution.

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL is also great for brightening your skin, improving texture, reducing acne, and reducing sensitivity. 
For the rest of her routine, make sure she’s wearing moisturizer and sunscreen every day! There are lots of great options. I know I’m just a teenager but I actually have a lot of experience with this, so I hope this is helpful.

Have an amazing day and let me know if you have any questions! Also tell your daughter that she’s beautiful no matter what! 💕

Thank you so much! 😊

@ADGel My absolute pleasure! 😊

thanks so much 😊

Hi! I had really sensitive teenage skin and the philosophy Purity Made Simple Pore Extractor Mask worked really well for blackheads, after a few uses. Since she is still young, try using using it 2-3 times a week, not everyday.

I also like the Peace Out Oil-Absorbing Pore Treatment Strips , for removing all the oil and gunk from the nose. Try putting this on overnight, and in the morning just take it off! (I would use this once in a while)

Hope this helped! 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing