Ask questions, join challenges, and get
recommendations from people like you

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3105066posts
My Badges Join Community to Receive your First Badge
Choosing a different post order may automatically update the order of the posts that are displayed to match the selected order.
Sort By:
Most Recent
New Post in Makeup Is Life
Make up
Natural blush?Spoiler
Natural blush?Spoiler
New Reply in Makeup Is Life
Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023/2024
|
Re: Makeup Challenge of the Week 2021/2022/2023/2024
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: So pretty with your blue eye look! Wet n Wild is a great way to try some of those fun colors, NYX too! @Cissy63 ...read more
So pretty with your blue eye look! Wet n Wild is a great way to try some of those fun colors, NYX too! @Cissy63
Recent images from this conversation
New Reply in Besides Beauty
Ambassador Curated
BIC's 2024 Summer Kick-Off Thread! ☀️
|
Re: BIC's 2024 Summer Kick-Off Thread! ☀️
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: 7/11: Plan a picnic! Not so much a picnic but we drank coolers while soaking our feet in the river. 7/12: Favorite way to tan? ...read more
7/11: Plan a picnic! Not so much a picnic but we drank coolers while soaking our feet in the river. 7/12: Favorite way to tan? I don’t tan and rarely use fake tan- though I did buy some just in case the urge struck. I just need a week where (if things go awry) I can stay home and let it fade;) 7/13: If you could go on vacation anywhere, where would you go? One of my older sons is away to Scotland for the next two years so Scotland.
New Reply in Haul Stars
Ambassador Curated
Just Because July Hauls 2024
|
Re: Just Because July Hauls 2024
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: Some July hauls! New Beauty Free Gift Friday - the Grande Cosmetics GrandeLASH - MD Lash Enhancing Serum .067 oz / 2 mL was free ...read more
Some July hauls! New Beauty Free Gift Friday - the Grande Cosmetics GrandeLASH - MD Lash Enhancing Serum .067 oz / 2 mL was free (pay for shipping) and the Tangle Teezer was, I think $8.95. I have used the Grande Lash for years (though slacking at times) and glad to have a backup, and I’m looking forward to try the Tangle Teezer. Ulta haul - Just the Nude Brun Lip Liner. I wanted to try to buy another of my 05 Mordore but I guess that’s discontinued, which is so distressing, because it’s the most amazing color. Nude Brun is really nice, but a little more brown and missing the iridescence of 05. 😞 I had swatched all the new Patrick Ta’s in store but they didn’t totally wow me, so I didn’t purchase any. But then I went again a week or so ago and tried PATRICK TA Major Glow Crème & Powder Light Reflecting Translucent Highlighter Duo My Love and STLIL wasn’t convinced but then much later that night, I saw it in the low light and loved the sparkle, so I finally ordered by Sephora’s same day delivery today. More Hello Kitty from Ulta - these are so cute, there’s like a little adhesive puff inside I guess to pick up the blotting papers, though I’m not sure how long that will last. This was from a SuperGoop Sephora event. Unfortunately, I had to miss the event, but glad to have these minis of products I already love! Danessa Myricks Beauty Yummy Skin Lift & Flex Hydrating Concealer With Hyaluronic Acid & Caffeine 5 - I think this will be perfect for winter, but for summer I think I need to try #6. However, this seems to be lightweight but high coverage, blends beautifully and I LOVE that my skin still feels hydrated hours later after applying. It works great on my hyperpigmentation and healing acne spots. Then, I got some extra shades from Daness Myricks to try, 6 and 7 both look good. I’ll post more swatches and thoughts on the The Danessa Myricks Beauty Thread .
New Post in Makeup Is Life
Neutral Lipsticks?
Hey there! I’m an older teen new to the makeup community.  I’m looking for a neutral, slightly dark lipstick to pair with the rar ...read more
Hey there! I’m an older teen new to the makeup community. 🙂 I’m looking for a neutral, slightly dark lipstick to pair with the rare beauty lipliner in the Wise color. Here’s what I’m looking for in the lipstick:- I want the lipstick to be slightly lighter than the liner to give contrast.- I want the lipstick to be long lasting and it won’t dry my lips out or make them cakey. That’s all! Thanks to anyone who is willing to help me! ❤️
New Post in Beauty Confidential
The Newest Trends or hacks (interactive post)
What kinds of trends are you seeing with makeup or good hacks, any new products? Send pictures or videos 💄
What kinds of trends are you seeing with makeup or good hacks, any new products? Send pictures or videos 💄
  • Bianca2613_0-1720927063241.jpeg
New Reply in Fragrance Fans
The Perfume Challenge
|
Re: The Perfume Challenge
GO-GETTER III INSIDER
Reply: Recently purchased and worked my way through trying the Charlotte Tilbury Scents That Make You Feel Perfume Discovery Set and tho ...read more
Recently purchased and worked my way through trying the Charlotte Tilbury Scents That Make You Feel Perfume Discovery Set and thought I'd share my thoughts on the fragrances here. Tagging @CynthieLu @CorgiMommy @itsfi who I believe had all expressed an interest in hearing about this set. Disclaimer: I am fairly new to fragrance & often feel like I don't really know what I am talking about yet, at least compared to some of you experts on here 😅 but I will do my best! Hopefully this is at least a little interesting/helpful to somebody. Charlotte Tilbury Love Frequency Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz / 100 ml eau de parfum spray top notes: pink peppermiddle notes: rose, saffronbase notes: amberwood, cashmere wood, patchouli, muskmy thoughts: This was the fragrance from this discovery set I thought I would like best, based on the description and listed notes. After trying it, I am not sure if I like this one. I did not smell the pink pepper, which was somewhat disappointing as that is a favorite top note of mine; I did get floral sweetness and musk, and some woodiness. It was pretty strong at first, but by a couple of hours later it seemed to have faded significantly. After the dry down I mostly get the woodiness and musk. Overall, it was okay, and I will definitely try it at least once more to see if my impressions change, but I didn’t enjoy this one as much as I hoped I would. Charlotte Tilbury Joyphoria Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz / 100 mL eau de parfum spray top notes: coconut water, neroli, petitgrainmiddle notes: tuberose, ylang-ylang, jasminebase notes: vanilla bean, cashmere wood, musk, powdery notesmy thoughts: Overall impression of the scent was warm & sweet, somewhat powdery florals & vanilla. Vanilla is fine in fragrance but generally not my favorite; I like this all right though. Like Love Frequency it started off strong, but faded quite a bit over a few hours, to the point that I could only smell it if I put my nose right against my skin. Liked fine, but not a love. Charlotte Tilbury Magic Energy Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz / 100 ml eau de parfum spray top notes: bergamot, myrtlemiddle notes: seaweed, cypress, jasmine sambacbase notes: frankincense, palo santo, ambergris, cashmere woodmy thoughts: this was very woody to me, but not in a bad way, though it was a little more one-note to me than the description would suggest. I did get a bit of the bergamot and some…mossiness, I guess? The woody, forest scent reminded me a little of Ellis Brooklyn Apres, except that to me that fragrance is more crisp cool mountainside forest while this one is more small secret forest glade, if that makes sense. Slightly forest witch vibes. I want to try this one again to see if I can pick out more of the listed notes. Of the fragrances in this set, I found this to be the most interesting; it was also one of the longest-lasting. Charlotte Tilbury Calm Bliss Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz / 100 ml eau de parfum spray top notes: neroli, lavender, bergamotmiddle notes: water notes, orange blossombase notes: cashmere wood, ambergris, palo santo, olibanummy thoughts: opens with mild aquatic sweetness. I do get a bit of the lavender and neroli/orange blossom. It seems very soft & fresh, quite pleasant. The aquatic, citrusy florals last quite a while, though like the other fragrances from this line that I’ve tried the scent is not very strong, before fading to a faint woody scent. This ended up being the longest-lasting scent in the set for me. Charlotte Tilbury Cosmic Power Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz / 100 ml eau de parfum spray top notes: cinnamon, elemi, black pepper, bergamotmiddle notes: frankincense, rosebase notes: amber, vanilla, powdery notes, muskmy thoughts: this one did not leave much of an impression on me on first wear, so I decided to do a second wear test the next day out of fairness. Notes from my second wear test: vanilla is quite strong even on the opening, but I do get a bit of the cinnamon and pepper too. Vanilla remains the dominant note for a while, before fading as the amber & musk becomes more prominent. This is sweeter and much more vanilla-forward than I prefer, but not terrible – I don’t dislike it, really, it’s just not for me. I think this one is maybe a bit stronger than the others in the set. Like most of the others from this discovery set, it is a bit…IDK, generic seeming? Not very complex to me. Charlotte Tilbury More Sex Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz / 100 ml eau de parfum spray top notes: black pepper, juniper berriesmiddle notes: leather, musk, aldron, ambroxanbase notes: musk, sandalwood, amberwoodmy thoughts: Based on the listed notes and description, I expected this to be my least favorite from the discovery set. It’s definitely not my favorite, but I don’t dislike it as strongly as I was afraid I might. To me it does smell pretty much like the listed notes; I very much get leather and musk, maybe a little synthetic-y but not too unpleasant. Just not really to my taste. Still, if you enjoy leather scents you may really like this. Overall thoughts: I found the fragrances in this set to be generally fine and mostly pleasant, if not very complex or unique, in my opinion. They ranged from not very strong at all, to decently strong, and most lasted an average length of time on me (as compared to other fragrances I have tested and worn). I was a little surprised by which one I ended up liking best, which wasn't what I had expected. I didn't dislike any of them per se, but I don't think I will be purchasing the full size of any of these perfumes. Still, I always enjoy trying out new fragrances, so I don't regret purchasing this set.
New Reply in Makeup Is Life
THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !
|
Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: Thanks - they are so pretty!! @peculiarzmakeup ...read more
Thanks - they are so pretty!! @peculiarzmakeup
New Reply in Beauty Confidential
Patrick ta contour and bronzer
|
Re: Patrick ta contour and bronzer
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: @munchmeow @I would exchange it for a new one just in case. ...read more
@munchmeow @I would exchange it for a new one just in case.
New Reply in Skincare Aware
💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖
|
Re: 💕😌 2024 Masking Challenge 😌💖
BIC Ambassador INSIDER
Reply: It was good @caitbird I just wasn't planning on it being so sticky however it could be a great primer mask before makeup ...read more
It was good @caitbird I just wasn't planning on it being so sticky however it could be a great primer mask before makeup