Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Thank you Sephora, Becca Cosmetics, LANEIGE, MILK and VELOUR

BTers, I received an awesome package today.

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0796.JPG

I will post more reviews and swatches once I have a chance to play with these products. I'm so excited and can't wait to share more with everyone. A big shout out to BT fairies @KatieBT and @ShiraBT. Thank you thank you!

Edit: product list: Becca Light Chaser Rose Quartz flashes Seashells, Laneige Water Sleeping Mask, Milk Blur Spray, Velour Invisible Magic Touch Lashes and Lash Adhesive.

Re: Thank you Sephora, Becca Cosmetics, LANEIGE, MILK and VELOUR

Wow the Laneige water sleeping mask sounds lovely! This highlight looks so pretty on you too @fatimamummy. Thank you for posting this picture for us 💖

Thank you @Mcakes !

This is a great review @fatimamummy! Is the texture of the mask runny on your face? I hate things not rubbed into my skin at night because it gets all ver my pillowcases. This mask does intrigue me. 

@mrsbaine The texture is more like a non sticky gel. The closest I can compare it, is the texture of Belif Aqua bomb gel. It absorbs very quickly and completely so no chances getting on the pillowcase.

@mrsbaine the mask is really gel-like and it absorbs fast! i applied it about an hour ago and it's already undetectable on my skin 🙂

You look beautiful and I love the highlighter on your face!!!! 

Thank you @Sophiaaax3 !

You look beautiful @fatimamummy 🙂

Thank you @veronika23 😊 

my face finally quit molting, and i finally got to try some of my new goodies last night! 

first impressions:

Laneige water mask: I've used this before, but it was in the dead of winter when i was searching for anything to alleviate my painfully dry skin. i wasn't impressed the first time i tried it, but i didn't find much that worked at that time.

i didn't sleep in this yet- i put it on for about an hour while i cleaned yesterday, pre-shower. it's very light, and sort of tacky at first but after 10 minutes or so, i couldn't feel it at all. after i got out of the shower, my face felt really smooth and my dry areas were less tight. my skin is pretty oily in the t-zone right now, but i still have drier areas so i could definitely feel the hydrating effect! i am going to try sleeping in this tomorrow and report back 🙂

MILK blur spray- i am picky about setting sprays- i usually use MAC fix or UD all nighter. i loved the bottle for this, and it delivered a nice, fine, even application. i didn't notice a mattifying effect, but it did make my dry areas look less powdery. after 6 hours (on a humid, rainy night) my t-zone wasn't quite as oily as normal and my foundation still looked great! so far i dig this.

BECCA light chaser highlighter (champagne dream flashes bellini):  the texture of these is different from the SSPP, it's more dense and less powdery. i used a duo fiber brush to apply instead of my usual highlighing brush. the effect is very subtle on my skin. i applied several layers to try to get a bolder highlight, but it was quite subdued. it might be more pronounced on a fairer/darker skin tone, but for those seeking a subtle look, this is perfect! i could see the peachy pink shift if the light hit my face a certain way, but in general i just had a nice glow. i am definitely going to swatch the rest of these and maybe pick up another. BECCA is still my fave brand for highlighters! 

i was short on time so i didn't get to the lashes yet, but that's on my list!

glow.jpg

sweeee.jpgglow2.jpg

@unfungirlOooh absolutely STUNNING! 💕 You look amazing! And as others have observed I LOVE your hair and eyes.  Your skin looks so dewy and glowy and flawless and pretty! : ) Gosh I so wish that I had beautiful cheekbones like you - you have such amazing supermodel bone structure - I think highlighter is a MUST when you have such great features! : )  I've put on weight recently and it seems like it's all gone to my face and now I no longer have a jaw line or cheekbones and it looks terrible on me (people I know have not been shy about telling me so).  Oooh and I love your eyebrows too! Such a nice and perfect graceful arc!

@RoseCharlie you are giving me a toothache with all that sweetness! Thank you so much!

Haha I get dewy fast  in the summertime because it's so humid here, but I'm sure the highlight had something to do with that too 🙂 

I definitely need to step out of my comfort phone more often, I can't believe how many compliments I've gotten on my curls! And thanks so much for the cheekbone compliments-I am lucky that I inherited my grandma's bone structure. And  I don't really know what you're talking about, because you have a beautiful face! That creamy skin, those lips, your hair! You are  definitely a mega babe and don't forget it ❤️

@unfungirlAwww thank you so much! Sorry I took so long to respond to this super lovely and kind comment - my puppy had surgery so I've been a little MIA for a week since the post-care and working from home was a bit hectic.  I think I have maybe perfected the art of the flattering picture taken from a high angle lol.  When someone asks me to take their picture I usually get up on a chair because I'm short and they wonder what I'm to lol.  The curls create beautiful volume and frame your face very prettily.  If you inherited your grandma's bone structure I can already tell you gran must have been a total knockout! 💕

@unfungirl you look fabulous!  You're right the texture is different from their other highlighters almost to prevent people from overdoing it if they approach it similarly to their traditional highlighters.  In hindsight I really appreciate that.  Do you have anything similar to the Real Techniques Setting Brush?  I typically use this to apply my (Becca) highlighters; it was perfect for the light chasers!

Sidenote: Love the eyeshadow!!!

thanks so much @ElleElleG! i agree that the light chasers are much more buildable! i was expecting more of a bold highlight, but i dig it too for when you want to look subtle.

i actually use the RT setting brush or ABH A23 normally for highlight, but felt it didn't pick up enough product, so i used my duo fiber.

@unfungirl I still need to try that ABH A23, I've heard nothing but good things.  I typically use the side of the RT setting brush to concentrate the product then blend it out with the flatter side.

@ElleElleG  I resisted purchasing it for a very long time, but I'm glad I finally did! It's an excellent brush-especially when working with a more intense highlight as it does a lovely job diffusing and blending. I do like the RT as well when I want a more specific placement 🙂

Your skin looks SO healthy and beautiful and glowy @unfungirl! I've always been a fan of a lit from within subtle glow. 

Also-OT but what shadow are you wearing missy?! LOVE!

omg @Mcakes you're too sweet! my skin is all renewed now after half of it peeled off hahaha.

i do like a lit from within look for foundation, but i tend to like a stronger highlight for my cheekbones! i love love love becca in general though.

and the eyes was a whole mess of colors! i was playing with blues and greens- it got sort of jacked up but i was able to salvage it haha. i used urban decay lounge, colourpop patchwork and the wet n' wild comfort zone palette on the lid, too faced salted caramel and makeup geek peach smoothie in the crease, and makeup geek cherry cola on the bottom lid. i'm trying to embrace color outside of my usual neutral/oranges ❤️

It's beautiful on you @unfungirl I love your eye look in these pictures! 

thanks so much @fatimamummy! i was experimenting with greens!

18 Replies
Photos81
  • IMG_0795.JPG
  • IMG_0796.JPG
  • IMG_0803.JPG
  • IMG_0802.JPG
  • IMG_0801.JPG
  • IMG_0800.JPG
  • IMG_0807.JPG
  • IMG_0808.JPG
  • IMG_0814.JPG
  • IMG_0816.JPG