Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick

We swatched top picks from the NEW Urban Decay Revolution Lipsticks to see how the colors looked on different skintones. What do you think?

Have you swatched this lipstick? Post a pic in the thread below!

UD_lipstick.jpg

Shop this lipstick> http://seph.me/13BqV34

Re: Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick

UD Venom.jpg

UD Shame.jpgUD F-Bomb.jpg

Venom, Shame, and F-Bomb. Love them all!

Anonymous Insider

i really like venom! that's going on my love list 🙂

I just got Native today! LOVE LOVE LOVE! It's a perfect everyday color for my very pale skin!

That's great! I've been wanting a few of these but am waiting to see some in the store -swatches are great but my skin is pretty pale, I have a hard time knowing what will look good. I'll take a look at Native!

@fhgarman really? I imagine that most of the bold colors would have looked good, such as F-Bomb and Bang. I love a bright lip on tanned skin.

malday, you're probably right. I should change my statement to say that I'm disappointed that there weren't any non-bold colors for me. Shades that are more office appropriate (depending on what kind of company you work for of course) or daily colors that are good for stay at home moms (which is me right now). I only ever use a bold lip color when I have to go to a special event. And those are really rare for me these days! 😉

I was so excited when these lipsticks came out, but after swatching several colors in the store I realized that there is almost no color that looks good on my darkly pigmented lips against my South Asian tan skin. So disappointing. I did order a color exclusive to the UD website since they offer free shipping and free returns if you don't like something. The color is Strip and it's described as a sheer medium mauve-nude. When layered on top of my Bobbi Brown Dark Chocolate Creamy Lip Color (now discontinued), it makes a great "nude" for my coloring and it feels really nice. Even my husband commented on how much he liked it. But I couldn't wear the UD lipstick on it's own. I'm really disappointed that UD really didn't really make any effort to make good shades for women of color.

I have to admit, I don't have the lipsticks, just the sample that I got with my last online order. Here they are, Naked and F-Bomb.

vk1 - Copy.jpgThe easiest transition from a day look to a night look.

Naked looks exactly as it says. I am quite pale, so all colors usually show up well against my skin, but not that one.

what eye shadow are you wearing in that pic, solveig? I love it!!

I am almost 100% positive that it was a combination of Laura Mercier's Sable (lid) and Cafe Au Lait (crease and a little bit in the outer corner).

Anonymous Insider

F bombimage.jpg

sugarluvv, both these colors look amazing on you! did you buy either of them?

I'm going back and forth and I agree with violalea! They both look great on you.

Both look very good on you :).

Anonymous Insider

Anarchyimage.jpg

I have another one for you ladies! 

May I introduce Shame:

shame.JPG

I just swatched this at the store so excuse the not so perfect application. It's really hard to get a clean line with a disposable doe foot applicator haha.

I'll be back to buy this color as soon as I can. It's a gorgeous color and I got a lot of compliments on the shade just while browsing the store!

Love it!  ...and now I need it.

This is one of my favorites!

I just bought Jilted toda and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I tried it on walked around the mall with it before deciding to buy it. lol I tried to take a pick but it didn't come out as the true color. 😞

I believe this is the color (my phone never pics up the real colors lol)

lips.jpg

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • UD_lipstick.jpg
  • original.jpeg
  • original-1.jpeg
  • photo 2.JPG
  • photo 3.JPG
  • photo 1.jpg
  • swfupload_8172274966564390413.jpg
  • blogger-image--1976959733.jpeg