vanillammm

Urban Decay Ocho Loco 2 - swatches and comparisons

[ Edited ]

Was really excited for this year's version of the Ocho Loco set, since getting 8 full-sized liners and a (super cute, chartreuse) grindhouse pencil sharpener for $59 is an amazing deal (if purchased separately would cost you $162).

Wanted to share the swatches so others out there can see what this set has to offer...

Like most UD eyeliners sets, this comes with "exclusive" shades (marked with * below). 

Roach (deep copper brown shimmer) - Smog with a slightly warmer shift

Twice Baked* (rich brown satin w/gold micro-sparkle) - in the photo is looks different than Corrupt, but in real life they look identical to me

Crave* (deepest, darkest brown-black matte) - slightly darker version of Demolition

Perversion (blackest black matte) - no comparison, permanent shade

Deep End (bright metallic peacock shimmer) - exactly the same as Flipside (disco'd)

Mars* (bright metallic green shimmer) - may as well be Covet (disco'd)

Ultraviolet* (bright blue-violet shimmer) - I don't have Abyss or Chaos, so not sure how they compare (sorry!)

Tornado* (dark eggplant pearl) - a satin version of Empire

As is typical with the "new" shades released by UD, they closely resemble shades that have already been released (whether in other sets, or in previous line-ups). 

That being said, this is still an Amazing deal for the amount of product you are getting. And oh how I covet the gorgeous kermit-colored sharpener. They sure know how to reel us in.....

Ocho_Loco _2.pngocho_set.jpg

thesupergirl

Re: Urban Decay Ocho Loco 2 - swatches and comparisons

(0) Hearts

NowNone I really want this!

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

Darn phone I don't know why it put none!

vanillammm

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I just swatched Twice Baked (Ocho Loco 2) next to Corrupt (permanent collection), Muse (Foxy Four Way) and West (Black Market) and even in great lighting I couldn't tell the difference between any of them. They all look like swipes from the same pencil.

It makes me sad when they release an amazingly similar (if not the exact same) color under a "new" name. Why do they do that?

jenpred

(0) Hearts

Hi vanillammm,

Is it safe to say that Ultraviolet looks more blue than purple? I already have so many purple eyeliners, but I have been literally searching for MONTHS for a royal blue eyeliner, and I think this fits the bill!

vanillammm

Hi Jenpred!

Ultraviolet is absolutely a royal blue with bright blue glitter.

If you like a liquid formula, you should check our Stila All Day Waterproof liquid liner in Cobalt. It is a bright royal blue, too.

jenpred

(0) Hearts

Be still my heart! You totally made my morning :smileyhappy:. I adore this color!!

I actually have Cobalt in the Smudge Stick version, and I love it, but it's matte; I love Ultraviolet because it's a touch darker and shimmery.

Thank you!! :heart: :smileyvery-happy:

divagirl90

(0) Hearts

This is a really nice set! Unfortunately, I have enough eyeliners to last me until 2015.

carolang

(0) Hearts

Very helpful!... Now I want this

Titian06

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the swatches and comparisons, vanillammm!  This is very helpful.

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

Good to know I wasn't the only one mesmerized by the lime green sharpener. XD I am still on the fence about this and the Vice 2. I am doing my best to reserve judgement till I see it in person. Thank you for the swatches, gives me another thing to consider before I lose my mind over this.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • divagirl90
    • jenpred
    • warriorwitch
    • carolang
    • Titian06
    • vanillammm